Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Rockingham 16|
|2010 - 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
Powers' professional experience includes working as a psychologist at Powers Associates.
Powers earned his EdD from Boston University in 1982, his MA from Harvard University in 1961, his EdM from the University of New Hampshire, and his BA from Amherst College in 1959.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Powers served on these committees:
On November 2, 2010 Powers won election to the New Hampshire House of Representatives.
Powers advanced past the September 14 primary election. He faced incumbent Terie Norelli (D), incumbent Robin Read (D), incumbent Jacqueline Cali-Pitts (D), incumbent Laura Pantelakos (D), incumbent Rich DiPentima (D), Christopher Serlin (D), Jack Thorsen (R), Christopher Burns (R), Sue Polidura (R), Wayne Doherty (R), and Greg Bosselait (R) in the November 2 general election.
In 2010, a year in which Powers was up for re-election, he did not collect any money in donations.
Powers and his wife, Eva, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "James + Powers + New Hampshire + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Spy data disclosures show anew that executive branch holds all the cards - Kansas City Star
- School district scanned kids' eyes without parents' consent - Daily Caller
- Chris Christie hits Obama and Dems on lack of leadership - Daily Caller
- North Carolina's state education boss wants to exempt teachers from income tax - Daily Caller
- Lawsuit against EPA delayed until Obama unveils new climate plan - Daily Caller
- GOP staffer claims to live on food stamps without problems, suggests cutting more - Daily Caller
- Bachmann: Boehner will use 'loophole' to pass immigration in the House - Daily Caller
- Kazakhstan praised as green energy hub - Daily Caller
- The 14-year-old kid arrested over his pro-NRA shirt now faces a year in jail - Daily Caller
- 'Obama phones' given to people promising to sell them for drugs, money [VIDEO - Daily Caller]
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
|New Hampshire House of Representatives, Rockingham 16
| Succeeded by|
Bob Nigrello (R)