|Iowa State Senate District 28|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|Birthday||April 8, 1939|
|Place of birth||Rockford, IL|
Seymour attended both Illinois State Teacher's College and Creighton University.
Seymour served in the United States Marine Corps Reserve. He is currently President of the Heartland Healthcare Corporation, Vice President of Creighton Memorial St. Joseph Hospital, and President/CEO of Algent Health Community Memorial Hospital.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Seymour served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Seymour served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Human Resources Committee, Iowa State Senate
- State Government Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Veterans Affairs Committee, Iowa State Senate
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Seymour did not seek re-election in 2012. He officially tendered his resignation, effective January 1, 2013, on February 1, 2012. Due to redistricting Seymour was drawn into the same district as Nancy Boettger (R), who was last elected in 2010 and not up for re-election until 2014. Thus, if Seymour had not resigned, Boettger would have had to stand for re-election two years before the expiration of her term.
|Iowa State Senate, District 28 (2008)|
|James Seymour (R)||17,188|
In 2008 Seymour collected $34,021 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Hospital Association||$3,500|
|Iowa Dental Association||$3,000|
|Iowa Credit Union League||$2,500|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term James + Seymour + Iowa + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Which bathroom should transgendered students use? - Daily Caller
- No, the Democratic National Convention didn't lose a single laptop worth ... - Daily Caller
- Suspension won't be removed for five-year-old grilled over cap gun who then ... - Daily Caller
- Cruz will file immigration amendment allowing states to require proof of ... - Daily Caller
- Snowden: Obama's election kept me from leaking earlier - Daily Caller
- Lil Wayne steps on American flag [VIDEO - Daily Caller]
- Union bosses threaten Hurricane Sandy cleanup contractors, their families - Daily Caller
- Obama runs immigration bill from White House, according to new report - Daily Caller
- The one place in the world where the U.S. Congress is loved: Europe - Daily Caller
- Happy Father's Day: President Obama and his daughter play with toy guns - Daily Caller
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Seymour and his wife, Dottie, have three children.
- Official Iowa State Senate website of James Seymour
- Iowa Senate Republican Caucus Profile
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
|Iowa State Senate District 28
| Succeeded by|
Michael Breitbach (R)