Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|North Carolina State Senate District 32|
|High school||Parkland High School, 1999|
|Bachelor's||North Carolina Central University|
|Place of birth||Winston-Salem, NC|
Taylor's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Economic Development and Fiscal Policy
- "Encourage more cooperation between community colleges and private companies to create critical job training programs."
- "Modernize the revenue system and avoid taxing investments and production."
- "Promote a greater emphasis on STEM-focused learning (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math)."
- "Fully invest in education to improve test scores, achievement gaps, and graduation rates."
- "Stop transferring funds from the Highway Trust Fund to the General Fund."
- "Reform the state’s highway equity formula to provide relief to congestion-plagued cities."
- "Focus on preventive care and wellness, not coverage only."
- "Seek more freedom from Washington bureaucrats to reform Medicaid policy."
- "Maintain North Carolina’s commitment to preventing crime while reserving prison for violent and repeat offenders."
- "Reform the failing state probation system."
|North Carolina State Senate District 32 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Wilbert S. Banks||4.3%||785|
Taylor and his wife, Deanna, have three children; James III, Jacob, and Jada.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "James + Taylor + North Carolina + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- James Taylor on Facebook
- James Taylor on Twitter