|Kansas House of Representatives District 29|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Kansas, 2004|
|J.D.||University of Kansas, 2009|
|Place of birth||Shawnee, Kansas|
Todd earned his J.D. from the University of Kansas. His professional experience includes working as a lawyer, focusing in the area of small-business start-ups.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Todd served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Pensions and Benefits|
|• Corrections and Juvenile Justice|
Todd's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I will work to find ways to attract businesses into Kansas so that the skilled workers we have can be fully employed."
- Excerpt: "I will also work to expand the Local Budget Option authority of each school district so that communities that are committed to quality education can make decisions on the amount of resources they want their schools to have."
- Excerpt: "Government needs to get out of the way of business growth."
Todd won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 29. Todd defeated Jim Yonally in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Nancy Leiker (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 29, General Election, 2012|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 29 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Todd is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Todd raised a total of $10,196 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 12, 2013.
|James Todd's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 29||$10,196|
|Grand Total Raised||$10,196|
2012Todd won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Todd raised a total of $10,196.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to James Todd's campaign in 2012|
|Kansas Chamber of Commerce & Industry||$1,078|
|Associated General Contractors of Kansas||$500|
|Tipsys Wine & Spirits||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$10,196|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
James Todd received a score of 74.0% in the 2013 index.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "James + Todd + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas Legislature - Representative James Todd
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- James Todd on Facebook
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- Todd for Kansas, homepage, accessed April 1, 2014 (Archived)
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Todd, James," accessed June 12, 2013
- Kansas Policy Institute, "Freedom Index," accessed March 31, 2014
- 2013 Kansas Policy Index
Sheryl Spalding (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 29
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |