|Alabama House of Representatives District 101|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||12|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||University of Mississippi|
|Master's||University of Mississippi|
|Profession||Regional Director, Alabama Institute for the Deaf and Blind|
Ison is the regional director of the Alabama Institute for the Deaf and Blind.
Ison served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Internal Affairs Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Mobile County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- State Government Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Chair
- Ways and Means Education Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Higher Ed Appropriations
- Subcommittee on Taxes, Exemptions/Benefits (Ways and Means Education)
Ison won re-election to the 101st District seat in 2010. She had no opposition.
Ison raised $150,765 for her campaign, while Smith raised $5,286.
|Alabama State House, District 101 (2006)|
|Jamie Ison (R)||7,477|
|Amy Beckerle Smith (D)||2,843|
In 2010, Ison raised $79,380 in contributions.
Her five largest contributors were:
|Alabama Association Of Realtors||$2,500|
|Alabama Wholesale Beer Association||$2,500|
|Maisel, Elliot B||$2,000|
|Medical Association Of The State Of Alabama||$2,000|
In 2006, Ison collected $150,765 in donations.
Below are Ison's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|Business Council of AL||$15,000|
|Medical Assoc of the State of AL||$3,500|
|AL Road Builders Assoc||$2,500|
Ison and her husband, M. Harland Jr., have two children.
Ison is a member of All Saints Episcopal Church and Habitat for Humanity, co-chair of the Mobile Advisory Commission for the Disabled and president of the Mobile Sunrise Rotary Club.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Jamie + Ison + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - Jamie Ison
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Ison
|Alabama House District 101
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|