Jane A. Jech
|Jane A. Jech|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 71|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Wayne High School|
|Bachelor's||Iowa State University|
|Place of birth||Wayne, NE|
Jech currently works as a substitute teacher for Marshalltown School District. She attended Iowa State University, receiving a Bachelor's degree in Music Education.
Jech's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Business and Job Growth
- Excerpt: "Pass property tax reform without shifting the cost. Reverse unnecessary fees and regulations. Provide high quality education & training. Strengthen our infrastructure."
- Excerpt: "Set high standards and encourage competition and innovation. Enable all parents to choose the best setting for their children."
State's Rights and Individual Freedoms
- Excerpt: "Continue conservative financial budgeting to protect us from a Federal debt crisis, knowing that half of our state budget is Federal money. "
Elections for the office of Iowa House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Incumbent Mark Smith was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Jane A. Jech was unopposed in the Republican primary. Smith will face Jech in the general election.
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Jech ran in the 2012 election for Iowa State Senate District 36. She defeated Larry McKibben in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012. Jech was defeated by District 22 incumbent Steve Sodders (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa State Senate, District 36, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Steven Sodders Incumbent||54.1%||15,733|
|Republican||Jane A. Jech||45.9%||13,360|
|Iowa State Senate, District 36 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Jane A. Jech||58.8%||1,880|
Jech was a Republican candidate for District 43 of the Iowa House of Representatives in the November 2, 2010, state legislative elections. Jech was defeated by Mark Smith (R) in the November 2 general election.
Jech and her husband Kerry have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jane + Jech + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Jane Jech on Facebook
- Jane Jech on Twitter
- "janejech," Official Campaign Website
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 30, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed April 18, 2012
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed April 7, 2014
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |