|Vermont House Of Representatives, Washington 6|
|2005 - Present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||8|
|Per diem||$162/day (non-commuter) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
Ancel has worked for Governor Howard Dean as a Tax Commissioner, Legislative Council, and Legal Counsel.
Ancel earned her BA in English from Stanford University in 1967. She went on to receive her MSW from the University of Denver in 1973. She then earned her JD from the University of Denver in 1979.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Ancel served on the following committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Ways and Means, Chair|
|• Joint Transportation Oversight|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Ancel served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Ways and Means, Chair|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Ancel served on these committees:
|Vermont Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Ways and Means|
Ancel won re-election in the 2012 election for Vermont House of Representatives Washington 6. Ancel was unopposed in the August 28 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Vermont House of Representatives, Washington 6 General Election (2010)|
|Janet Ancel (D)||1,420|
|Marion Gray (R)||728|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Ancel was up for election, she collected $3,072 in donations.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Janet + Ancel + Vermont + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Lawmakers vote to end moratorium on cloud computing tax - VTDigger - vtdigger.org
- Tax Evasion: Vermont Legislators Dodge Final Fight With Shumlin - Seven Days
- Vermont lawmakers OK budget, wrap up 2013 session - Ct Post
- Health Care Financing A 'Must-Pass' Bill Before Lawmakers Head Home - Vermont Public Radio
- Municipalities to pay back some money over TIF dispute - VTDigger - vtdigger.org
- Photo Gallery: Adjournment Day and highlights from the 2013 legislative session - vtdigger.org
- Late deals clear the way for legislative gavel - Rutland Herald
- Vt. lawmakers look to wrap it up late Tuesday - Westport-News
- Tax twist slows progress in Montpelier - WCAX
- Margolis: This isn't the end of Dems' income tax reform efforts - vtdigger.org
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Ancel and her husband, Steve, have two children.
- Vermont Legislature - Legislative Directory
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004