Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kansas House of Representatives District 56|
|Master's||University of Kansas|
Mitchell has worked as a school counselor for 16 years. She attended the University of Kansas, receiving a Master's degree in Elementary Counseling.
Mitchell's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Encourage Family Values
- Excerpt: "Janet is Pro-Family and Pro-Life, from conception to natural death."
Protect Individual Healthcare Freedom
- Excerpt: "We should be looking towards tort reform and insurance reform, not forcing our citizens to buy a product and facilitate practices that are ethically reprehensible to them."
Create Jobs, Reduce Taxes
- Excerpt: "Kansas has great talent that is "courted and exported" by no income-tax states. Let's keep our kids in Kansas by keeping our jobs in Kansas."
- Excerpt: "Kansas needs to preserve its autonomy. DC has eroded our state sovereignty using "strings attached" earmarks and grants. Kansas cannot afford an inflated government."
Protect Second Amendment Rights
- Excerpt: "You have a right to own and bear arms. I'll make sure your constitutional rights are protected."
Mitchell ran for election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 56. Mitchell defeated LaVern Abney in the August 7 Republican primary and was defeated by Virgil Weigel (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 56, General Election, 2012|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 56 Republican Primary, 2012|
Mitchell has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Janet + Mitchell + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Janet Mitchell on Facebook
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |