For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania, District 14|
|Master's||University of Maryland|
|Ph.D.||University of Pittsburgh|
|Profession||Pastor, Founder/CEO of local youth program|
Brooks sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 14th Congressional District of Pennsylvania in 2012 as well. She lost to incumbent Rep. Michael F. Doyle (D) in the Democratic primary on April 24, 2012.
Brooks holds a bachelor's degree in secondary education from Clarion University and a master's degree in urban studies in management from the University of Maryland. She also earned a Ph.D. in public administration from the University of Pittsburgh. Brooks is a pastor and the Founder/CEO of a non-profit organization.
Brooks' campaign website listed the following issues:
- Income Inequality
- Excerpt: "Globalization and changing technology have increased the competition we face from many nations and, as a result, US jobs have become vulnerable."
- Excerpt: "We should not lose sight of the fact that individuals and families are struggling. Additional policies must be developed that will assist American workers to compete globally without giving unfair advantage to foreign businesses."
- Excerpt: "Environmental pollutants are poisoning us and impacting our health."
- Excerpt: "Educational priorities need to be examined and teachers should be empowered provide input into what works in their districts."
- Public Safety
- Excerpt: "These are the individuals that place their lives on the line for us daily. Assurances must be made that equipment and supportive services are available to them."
Brooks ran in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Pennsylvania's 14th District. Brooks lost the Democratic nomination in the primary on May 20, 2014. She was defeated by Michael F. Doyle.
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania District 14 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Michael F. Doyle Incumbent||84.1%||56,796|
|Source: Results via Associated Press|
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania District 14 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Michael F. Doyle Incumbent||80.1%||50,323|
As of April 4, 2012, Brooks raised $5,025 and spent $4,477, leaving her with $548 cash on hand. Of that, $4,050 (81 percent) came from candidate self-financing, while $975 (19 percent) came from individual contributions.
Brooks has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Janis + Brooks + Pennsylvania + Congress"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Pennsylvania's 14th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Pennsylvania's 14th Congressional District
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Primary candidate list," accessed March 12, 2014
- Associated Press, "Pennsylvania - Summary Vote Results," May 20, 2014
- Dormont-Brookline Patch, "Candidates Prepare for 2012 Primary Election," accessed March 16, 2012
- Campaign website, "Bio," accessed March 18, 2014
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed March 18, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 General Primary Unofficial Returns," April 24, 2012
- Pennsylvania Secretary of State, "2012 Official Primary Results"
- Opensecrets.org "Race summary," accessed April 21, 2012
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |