Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Minnesota State Senate District 54|
Quinlan's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Promoting Economic Prosperity
- Excerpt:"We have the ability to propel Minnesota into the economic engine of the Upper Midwest. To do this we must provide an economic and regulatory environment that helps small businesses succeed by stripping away the red tape that deters people from starting and growing businesses."
Preserving Civil Rights
- Excerpt:"One of the Constitutional roles of government is to protect individual liberties. It does not exist to intrude into our daily lives and dictate personal choices we must make. We must hold our elected officials to the rule of law set forth in the United States Constitution."
Educating our Children
- Excerpt:"We need to put our kids education back in the hands of our parents and our teachers, and out of the hands of top-heavy administrations and bloated federal departments. An equitable way to allow parents the freedom to decide is by issuing vouchers."
Reforming the Welfare System
- Excerpt:"We must create an atmosphere of personal accountability. People in need should be assisted primarily through private charity, including faith-based programs, instead of government welfare programs."
Protecting Our Healthcare
- Excerpt:"Government should not interfere in healthcare or with a person’s freedom to purchase healthcare coverage from any U.S. insurance provider."
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
Quinlan ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota State Senate District 54. She ran unopposed in the Republican primary on August 14 and was defeated by incumbent Katie Sieben (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 54, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Katie Sieben Incumbent||63.9%||26,998|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Janis + Quinlan + Minnesota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.