|Pennsylvania State House District 10|
|2007 - Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||7|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Duquesne University, 2003|
|J.D.||University of Pittsburgh, 2006|
|Place of birth||Ellwood City, PA|
Gibbons earned his B.A. in Political Science/Business Administration from Duquesne University in 2003 and his J.D./Certificate in Comparative and International Law from the University of Pittsburgh in 2006. His professional experience includes working as a project manager of the Moon Township Finance Department from 2002 to 2004, as a law clerk for the Barilla Shaw Law Offices in 2004, as a law clerk for the Bentz Law Firm from 2004 to 2005 and as a law clerk for the Rothman Gordon Professional Corporation from 2005 to 2006. Gibbons has worked as an attorney since 2006.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Gibbons served on the following committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Environmental Resources & Energy|
|• Professional Licensure, Democratic Secretary|
|• Tourism & Recreational Development|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Gibbons served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Consumer Affairs|
|• Liquor Control|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Gibbons served on these committees:
|Pennsylvania Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Labor Relations|
|• Professional Licensure|
|• State Government, Chair|
Elections for the office of Pennsylvania House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 11, 2014. Incumbent Jaret Gibbons was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Gibbons is unchallenged in the general election.
Gibbons ran in the 2012 election for Pennsylvania House District 10. Gibbons ran unchallenged in the Democratic primary on April 24 and defeated Michael See (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 10, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jaret Gibbons Incumbent||52.8%||13,543|
|Pennsylvania State House, District 10|
|Jaret Gibbons (D)||9,856||52.2%|
|Michael See (R)||9,009||47.8%|
Gibbons raised $243,226 for his campaign, while Morabito raised $136,684.
|Pennsylvania State House, District 10 (2008)|
|Jaret Gibbons (D)||14,986||55.4%|
|Bob Morabito (R)||12,052||44.6%|
Comprehensive donor information for Jaret Gibbons is available dating back to 2006. Based on available campaign finance records, Jaret Gibbons raised a total of $595,807 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 11, 2013.
|Jaret Gibbons's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 10||$74,538|
|2010||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 10||$117,780|
|2008||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 10||$243,226|
|2006||Pennsylvania House of Representatives, District 10||$160,263|
|Grand Total Raised||$595,807|
2012Jaret Gibbons won re-election to the Pennsylvania House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Jaret Gibbons raised a total of $74,538.
|Pennsylvania House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jaret Gibbons's campaign in 2012|
|Pennsylvania Democratic Party||$12,429|
|International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$5,600|
|Pennsylvania State Education Association||$4,350|
|Operating Engineers Local 66||$3,000|
|Association of Pennsylvania State College & University Faculties||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$74,538|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Gibbons raised $110,147 during the 2010 election cycle.
His top contributors are listed below.
|Pennsylvania Democratic Party||$27,445|
|Association Of Pennsylvania State College & University Faculties||$2,250|
|Pennsylvania Association For Justice||$2,250|
|Shick, Carmen W||$2,000|
|Pennsylvania Society Of Anesthesiologists||$2,000|
|Western Pennsylvania Laborers||$2,000|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- The American Conservative Union: 2013 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators were scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Liberty City LGBT Democratic Club: 2014 Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators were scored on their support for legislation related to LGBT equality.
- Planned Parenthood Pennsylvania Advocates: Legislative Scorecard
- Legislators were scored on their votes on bills related to reproductive freedom and family planning.
- The American Conservative Union: 2012 Legislative scorecard
- Legislators were scored on their votes on key conservative issues.
- Pennsylvania National Federation of Independent Business: 2011-2012 Voting Record
- Legislators were scored on their votes on key small business issues.
- Conservation Voters of Pennsylvania: Marcellus Shale Scorecard 2011-12
- Legislators were scored based on floor votes that highlighted environmental issues.
Gibbons and his wife, Jennifer, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Jaret + Gibbons + Pennsylvania + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Pennsylvania General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Pennsylvania state legislative districts
- Profile from the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Jaret Gibbons on Facebook
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2006
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official primary results for May 20, 2014," accessed July 9, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2014 Official Candidate Listing," accessed March 21, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "Official Primary Results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2012 Primary Candidate List," April 15, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2010 General Election Results," accessed May 2, 2014
- Pennsylvania Department of State, "2008 General Election Results," accessed May 2, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Pennsylvania House spending, 2008," accessed May 2, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Gibbons, Jaret," accessed September 11, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 campaign contributors," accessed May 15, 2014
|Pennsylvania House Of Representatives District 10
| Succeeded by|
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |