Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia Senate District 37|
|Bachelor's||George Mason University|
|Service/branch||U.S. Marine Corps|
|Years of service||1997-2001|
Flanary earned his B.A. in Government and International Politics from George Mason University.
- See also: Virginia State Senate elections, 2011
Flanary ran in the 2011 election for Virginia Senate District 37. He defeated Stephen Hunt in the primary on August 23, 2011 and was defeated by incumbent Dave Marsden in the general election on November 8, 2011.Cite error: Closing
</ref> missing for
|Virginia State Senate, District 37 General Election, 2011|
|Democratic||Dave Marsden Incumbent||53.8%||19,841|
|Virginia State Senate Republican Primary, 2011|
Flanary's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Jobs and Virginia’s Economy
- Excerpt: "Stable government policies will promote a business friendly atmosphere, which must be centered on low taxes, providing businesses with tax incentives for job creation, reducing regulation that stifles growth, and promoting a fiscally responsible government that lives within its means and refrains from continuing to heavily tax businesses and individuals. "
- Taxes and Government Spending
- Excerpt: "Our government should be run more like a business – maximize capital by accomplishing more while spending less. Businesses must take into consideration the affects [sic] of market forces and must constantly work towards achieving the highest levels of efficiency."
- Excerpt: "Alleviating traffic and improving mobility throughout Northern Virginia is crucial if we continue to create — and retain — more jobs in Northern Virginia."
- Excerpt: "Every child must be provided with the opportunity to have the best possible education — one that is enjoyable, relevant and prepares him/her for higher education, a career and/or life. "
- Excerpt: "I strongly believe that our society has an obligation to protect human life, from conception to natural death."
- Second Amendment
- Excerpt: "I believe that the right to bear arms is one of the most important rights that we have and I will take every step to protect this privilege."
Flanary is engaged to his fiancee, Jessica.
- Campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Jason Flanary on Facebook
- Jason Flanary on Twitter