|Nevada State Assembly District 8|
|February 7, 2011 - Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||6 terms (12 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of Nevada, Reno|
|J.D.||University of Nevada, Las Vegas|
|Place of birth||Los Angeles, California|
Frierson's professional experience includes working as an attorney.
Frierson earned his JD from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas and his BS in health science from the University of Nevada, Reno.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Frierson served on the following committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce and Labor|
|• Judiciary, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Frierson served on these committees:
|Nevada Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Health and Human Services|
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2012
Frierson ran in the 2012 election for Nevada State Assembly, District 8. Frierson defeated John Moore in the June 12 primary election and defeated Arthur Martinez (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Nevada State Assembly, District 8, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jason Frierson Incumbent||61%||11,550|
|Nevada State Assembly, District 8 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Jason Frierson Incumbent||67.6%||761|
- See also: Nevada State Assembly elections, 2010
On November 2, 2010 Frierson won election to the Nevada House of Representatives. He defeated Kevin Child and Jesse Cantero in the June 8 primary election. Frierson defeated Joe Egan (R) and Stacy Gonzalez (Independent American) in the general election.
|Nevada House of Representatives, District 8 General election (2010)|
|Jason Frierson (D)||3,853|
|Joe Egan (R)||2,303|
|Stacy Gonzalez (I)||452|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, a year in which Frierson was up for re-election, he collected $100,861 in donations. Listed below are the four largest contributors to Frierson's 2010 campaign.
|Nevada Justice Fund||$5,000|
|Feinberg Grant Mayfield Kaneda & Litt||$4,000|
|Citizens For Justice Trust||$2,750|
Nevada Policy Research Institute
The Nevada Policy Research Institute, a Nevada-based conservative-libertarian think tank, releases a "Legislative Report Card" evaluating members of the Nevada State Legislature on "each lawmaker's voting record on legislation impacting the degree of economic freedom and education reform." Bills determined by the Institute to be of greater significance are weighted accordingly. According to the Institute, "a legislator with a score above 50 is considered to be an ally of economic liberty".
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jason + Frierson + Nevada + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Redevelopment, parental rights, other bills pass legislative deadline - Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Nevada Assembly committee advances Brianna's Law - San Francisco Chronicle
- Banks have yet to install online gambling software - GamingTodaySlotsToday
- Ray Hagar: Stiff opposition to 'Brianna's Law' DNA gathering bill during ... - Reno Gazette-Journal
- What's Happening Today, April 22, 2013 - Elko Daily Free Press - Elko Daily Free Press
- Commentary: Why is this legislator protecting rapists, murderers and thieves? - Elko Daily Free Press
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Jason Frierson's official campaign website
- House Site
- Twitter feed
- Campaign Facebook page
- LinkedIn page
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010
- ↑ Nevada Secretary of State - 2012 Primary Candidates
- ↑ Clark County - 2012 Primary Candidates
- ↑ Washoe County - 2012 Primary candidates
- ↑ Nevada Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ 2010 campaign contributions
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Nevada Policy Research Institute, "The 2011 Nevada Legislative Session Review & Report Card"
Barbara Buckley (D)
|Nevada State Assembly District 8
| Succeeded by|