For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 2|
Jenkins' website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs & the Economy
- Excerpt:"The answer is jobs from investment and stimulation, not harmful budget cuts and tax breaks for the wealthy."
- Excerpt:"Jenkins will promote the research and implementation of alternative, sustainable, and renewable energy solutions. He believes that by preserving our natural resources, we are preserving our quality of life, our economic growth and our health."
- Excerpt:"Like most people, Jason Jenkins considers the education of our children in K-12 as well as higher education for adults, as one of the most profound services the government can provide. Not only does he believe in the proverbial idea of “a mind is a terrible thing to waste,” but that the happiness, success, adaptability, compassion, mental health and capability to earn a living are dependent on general education, critical thinking and communications skills obtained formally in the classroom or even privately on one’s own."
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 2 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|W. A. Wilkins||55.7%||6,000|
|James Crawford, Jr.||36.9%||3,977|
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Jason Jenkins on Facebook
- jenkinsfornchouse.com - On the Issues (timed out)
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Results, 2012," accessed April 15, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 Primary Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "2012 General Election Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed June 18, 2012
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |