Jason A. Otano
|New York State Assembly, District 53|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||September 10, 2013|
|High school||Xavier High School (1997)|
|Bachelor's||Fordham University (2001)|
|J.D.||Fordham University School of Law (2004)|
Otano is an attorney, community advocate, and entrepreneur. He has served as General Counsel to Brooklyn Borough President, Marty Markowitz, advising on legal and policy issues.
- J.D., Fordham University, 2004
- Bachelor's Degree, double major in Latin American/Latino Studies and Political Science, Fordham College at Rose Hill, 2001
Otano ran in the special election for New York State Assembly District 53. The seat was vacant following Vito Lopez (D)'s resignation amidst a sex scandal. Otano was defeated by Maritza Davila (D) in the open primary on September 10. Otano, running for the Working Families Party, was defeated by Davila again in the special election on November 5.
|New York State Assembly, District 53, Special Election, 2013|
|Working Families||Jason A. Otano||14.2%||1,486|
|New York State Assembly, District 53 Democratic Primary, 2013|
|Jason A. Otano||31.6%||2,519|
- See also: New York State Senate elections, 2012
|New York State Senate, District 18 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Martin Malave Dilan Incumbent||67.3%||7,245|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jason + Otano + New + York + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Jason A. Otano on Facebook
- Jason A. Otano on Twitter
- Jason A. Otano on LinkedIn
- vote.nyc.ny.us, "Official Democratic primary results"
- vote.nyc.ny.us, "Official Democratic primary results," accessed November 19, 2013
- Jason Otano, "About," accessed August 30, 2012
- Associated Press, "NY Assemblyman accused of sex harass resigns," May 18, 2013. Retrieved May 23, 2013
- theepochtimes.com, "Charveys Gonzalez Wins Special Election for NY Assembly District 53," September 10, 2013
- hosted.ap.org, "Unofficial election results," November 5, 2013
- vote.nyc.ny.us, "Official election results," accessed December 11, 2013
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Candidate List for the September 13, 2012, State Primary Election," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official September 13, 2012, Primary Results," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official Senate Election Returns Nov. 6, 2012," accessed July 31, 2014
- State of New York, State Board of Elections, "Official Assembly Election Returns Nov. 6, 2012," accessed July 31, 2014
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
State of New York Court of Appeals | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Supreme Courts (Trial Courts) | County Courts | Family Courts | Surrogates' Courts | Court of Claims | District Courts | New York City Civil Court | New York City Criminal Courts | New York City Courts | Problem Solving Courts | Town and Village Courts | Judicial selection in New York |