|North Carolina House of Representatives District 97|
|2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Appointed||August 24, 2011|
Saine is a public relations and social media manager.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Saine served on the following committees:
|North Carolina Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Appropriations, Vice-chair|
|• Commerce and Job Development, Vice-chair|
|• Rules, Calendar, and Operations of the House|
Saine's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs & The Economy
- Excerpt:"It is Jason’s belief that government’s role in a free enterprise system should be limited and should foster an environment where individual initiative and innovation are rewarded, not discouraged. Excessive regulation and taxation are contradictive to a free society."
- Excerpt:"Jason is unequivocally Pro-Life and will fight for legislation which protects life from conception until natural death."
Taxes & Spending
- Excerpt:"Jason believes that we must develop a modern tax code that will better conform to our changing economy & promote income growth, business investment & make our economy more diverse. We can do this by making the tax code simpler, more transparent and easier to understand and administer."
- Excerpt:"Jason believes in school choice and that competition is the best way to improve education performance. To that point, fair comparisons must be made and when we find innovations in one area, we must quickly implement those advances throughout our public schools."
Saine ran for re-election in 2012. He defeated Jim Klein and Charles E. Newman in the May 8, 2012 Republican primary. He was unchallenged in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 97, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jason Saine Incumbent||100%||26,690|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 97 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Jason R. Saine Incumbent||51.6%||5,982|
|Charles E. Newman||13.9%||1,615|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jason + Saine + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Check how Gunn, Riddell and Ross voted - Burlington Times News
- House bill would harm camp meeting - Lincoln Times-News
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
|North Carolina House - District 97
August 24, 2011–present
| Succeeded by|
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |
Public Records Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |