|Arizona House of Representatives District 26|
Youn's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Fix the Economy and Create jobs
- Excerpt: "The status quo practice of high taxes and government overspending must end. Arizona needs to operate within a budget that makes sense. That budget must be written with the understanding that the government only exists to serve the people of which it is comprised. "
- Fix Education
- Excerpt: "We have a problem in our schools. We send our teachers and principals to college to earn a masters or a doctorate in education. We make sure they are highly qualified to be in a classroom and teach our children. We mandate continuing education for the teachers. Once they are in the classroom, however, Washington bureaucrats place so many restrictions on the teachers that they cannot truly teach."
- Help Small Business
- Excerpt: "I own a small business; moreover, most of my employers over the years have been owners of small businesses. I can tell you from both research and experience that small businesses are the reason Arizona is as great as she is. However, small business is under attack."
- Attract Big Business
- Excerpt: "While small business carries most the job creation burden in Arizona, large business is still a major creator of jobs. We need to work hard to attract large successful business to Arizona."
- Lower Taxes
- Excerpt: "The best way to stimulate the economy, create jobs, and promote economic growth is to reduce taxes. Lowering taxes for both individuals and businesses will encourage spending and investing, which is a primary driving force behind a heathy economy."
Youn ran in the 2012 election for Arizona House of Representatives District 26. He and Buckley Merrill were defeated by Raymond Speakman and Mary Lou Taylor in the Republican primary on August 28, 2012. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Arizona House of Representatives, District 26 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Mary Lou Taylor||29.8%||3,611|
Youn and his wife, Kristan, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jason + Youn + Arizona + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website, Issues
- Arizona Secretary of State, "2010 Primary candidate list," accessed December 20, 2013
- [http://www.azsos.gov/election/2012/Primary/Canvass.pdf Arizona Secretary of State " Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed December 20, 2013]
- Biography from Project Vote Smart