Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Washington House of Representatives, District 8a|
Clough's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I believe we need to review all tax loopholes and sunset those that aren’t helping our economy."
Improving Our Business Climate
- Excerpt:"We should not let the state balance the budget on the backs of local government by overloading our local governments with unnecessary burdens. I will work closely with local cities and counties to ensure our regulations are streamlined and clear."
Championing Our Public Schools
- Excerpt:"Our public schools currently don’t graduate 25% of their students. We need to reduce our dropout rate; recruit and retrain quality teachers; and set higher standards for math and science."
Reducing Gang Violence
- Excerpt:"We need to give our law enforcement community the tools they need to reduce this activity in our neighborhoods. This means prioritizing funding for gang violence reduction, improving after-school programs and working with institutions that strengthen our families."
Clough ran in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 8a. Clough ran unopposed in the August 7 blanket primary election and was defeated by incumbent Brad Klippert (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 8a, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Brad Klippert Incumbent||62.1%||37,123|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jay + Clough + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |