For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Washington House of Representatives, District 8a|
Clough's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"I believe we need to review all tax loopholes and sunset those that aren’t helping our economy."
Improving Our Business Climate
- Excerpt:"We should not let the state balance the budget on the backs of local government by overloading our local governments with unnecessary burdens. I will work closely with local cities and counties to ensure our regulations are streamlined and clear."
Championing Our Public Schools
- Excerpt:"Our public schools currently don’t graduate 25% of their students. We need to reduce our dropout rate; recruit and retrain quality teachers; and set higher standards for math and science."
Reducing Gang Violence
- Excerpt:"We need to give our law enforcement community the tools they need to reduce this activity in our neighborhoods. This means prioritizing funding for gang violence reduction, improving after-school programs and working with institutions that strengthen our families."
Clough ran in the 2012 election for Washington House of Representatives, District 8a. Clough ran unopposed in the August 7 blanket primary election and was defeated by incumbent Brad Klippert (R) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 8a, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Brad Klippert Incumbent||62.1%||37,123|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jay + Clough + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |