|Maryland House of Delegates District 36|
|January 8, 2019|
|Years in position||4|
|Minority Caucus Leader, Maryland State House of Delegates|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Mayor, Rock Hall|
|High school||Kent County High School|
|Place of birth||West Palm Beach, Florida|
|Profession||Small Business Owner|
Jacobs has served Minority Caucus Leader since 2013.
Jacobs' professional experience includes working as a Fireman and Ambulance Driver for the Rock Hall Volunteer Fire Company.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Jacobs served on the following committees:
|Maryland Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Environment and Transportation|
|• Administrative, Executive and Legislative Review|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Jacobs served on these committees:
|Maryland Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Environmental Matters|
Note: Jacobs also served on the Subcommittee on Agriculture, Agriculture Preservation and Open Space and the Subcommittee on Natural Resources.
Elections for the office of Maryland House of Delegates took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 25, 2014. Irving Pinder and Robert Alan Thornton, Jr. were unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Jeff Ghrist and incumbents Steve Arentz and Jay A. Jacobs defeated incumbent Michael D. Smigiel, Sr., Rod Heinze, Alan McCarthy and J.D. Uhler in the Republican primary. Jacobs, Arentz and Ghrist defeated Pinder and Thornton for three seats in the general election.
|Maryland House of Delegates, District 36 General Election (2010)|
|Stephen Hershey, Jr. (R)||32,364|
|Jay Jacobs (R)||26,979|
|Michael Smigiel, Sr. (R)||26,925|
|William Manlove (D)||17,453|
|Arthur Hock (D)||16,472|
In 2010, Jacobs raised $41,824 in contributions.
His three largest contributors were:
|Buckley Ii, John J||$4,000|
|Haven Harbor Marina||$1,000|
|Kent County Branch Commercial Watermans Association||$1,000|
Jacobs is married.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Jay + Jacobs + Maryland + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Maryland State Legislature
- Maryland House of Delegates
- Maryland House Committees
- Maryland Joint Committees
- Maryland House of Delegates District 36
- House website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed March 3, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "Official 2014 Gubernatorial Primary Election results for House of Delegates," accessed December 5, 2014
- Maryland State Board of Elections, "2014 Official General Election Results," accessed April 30, 2015
- Maryland Secretary of State, "Official general election results," accessed March 4, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
State of Maryland
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor, Licensing and Regulation | Chairman of Public Service Commission |