Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Utah, District 2|
|High school||South High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Utah|
|Profession||Conductor for Amtrak|
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
Jay Seegmiller was a 2012 Democratic candidate who sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 2nd Congressional District of Utah.
According to Seegmiller's website, his campaign themes included:
- Jobs: ."..work tirelessly to make sure that anyone who wants a job can find one that pays well."
- Energy: ."..strongly supports an all-of-the-above approach that includes everything from new drilling and natural gas development to wind, solar, and geothermal energy."
- Education: ."..strong educational system is necessary to keep Utah’s economy healthy and competitive."
- See also: Utah's 2nd Congressional District elections, 2012
Seegmiller was defeated by Republican Chris Stewart in the general election on November 6, 2012. Seegmiller ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Utah's 2nd District. He defeated Dean Collinwood and Michael Small in the Democratic convention.
|U.S. House, Utah District 2 General Election, 2012
|| Jay Seegmiller
|| Jonathan D. Garrard
|| Joseph Andrade
|| Charles E. Kimball
|Source: Utah Lieutenant Governor "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"
Breakdown of the source of Seegmiller's campaign funds before the 2012 election.
Seegmiller lost election to the U.S. House in 2012. During that election cycle, Seegmiller's campaign committee raised a total of $99,419 and spent $95,036.
|U.S. House, Utah District 2, 2012 - Jay Seegmiller Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner
|Total Spent by Election Winner
|Top contributors to Jay Seegmiller's campaign committee|
|Operating Engineers Union||$7,500
|Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers||$5,000|
|International Assn of Fire Fighters||$5,000|
|Intl Brotherhood of Electrical Workers||$5,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Building Trade Unions||$27,500
|Public Sector Unions||$6,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jay + Seegmiller + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Jay Seegmiller News Feed