|Washington State Senate District 38|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Berkey earned her B.A. in Business from the University of Washington.
Berkey was an accounting clerk/senior clerk for GTE Northwest Incorporated, from 1956 to 1971. In 1974 she worked as a job analyst for Scott Paper Companyand then as an employment relations specialist for the Kenworth Truck Company from 1975 to 1977. She then became Recruitment Supervisor for the Blue Cross of Washington and Alaska from 1977 to 1979. She was the manager of Berkey and Associates from 1980 to 2000.
- Financial Institutions, Housing & Insurance Committee, Washington State Senate
- Transportation Committee, Washington State Senate
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2010
Jean Berkey ran for re-election to the Washington State Senate District 38. She was defeated by Nick Harper in the August 17, 2010 primary and will not be running in the general election on November 2, 2010. Nick Harper will be running against Conservative Rod Rieger. 
|Washington State Senate, District 38 Primary (2010)|
|Nick Harper (D)||7,193||35.09%|
|Jean Berkey (D)||6,591||32.16 %|
In November 2006, Berkey ran unopposed and was re-elected for the 38th District of the Washington State Senate receiving 23,648 votes.
Berkey raised $112,210 for her campaign.
|Washington State Senate, District 38 (2006)|
|Jean Berkey (D)||28,417|
In 2006, Berkey collected $112,210 in donations.
Listed below are the top four contributors to her campaign.
|Washington State Dental Association||$2,100|
|Washington State Hospital Association||$1,400|
|Washington Bankers Association||$1,400|
Berkey is married to her husband Don.
- Jean Berkey on the Washington State Senate website
- Berkey state-sponsored website
- Legislative profile of Berkey on Project Vote Smart
- Biographical profile of Berkey on Project Vote Smart
- Biography of Jean Berkey provided by the Senate Democratic Campaign Committee
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002
- Campaign website
- Washington Votes profile of Berkey
|Washington Senate District 38
| Succeeded by|