|Running for Missouri State Senate, District 10|
|General election||November 4, 2014|
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 49|
|2009 - present|
|January 5, 2015|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
- 1 Biography
- 2 Committee assignments
- 3 Issues
- 4 Elections
- 5 Campaign donors
- 6 Endorsements
- 7 Personal
- 8 Recent news
- 9 See also
- 10 External links
- 11 References
Riddle earned her B.A. in Education from Drury University. Her professional experience includes working as a Teacher in the South Callaway School District and as an Accountant for the Southwestern Telephone Company.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Riddle served on the following committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Rules, Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Riddle served on the following committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2011|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Riddle served on the following committees:
|Missouri Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Energy and Environment|
|• Tax Reform|
|• Appropriations - Public Safety and Corrections|
|• Corrections and Public Institutions|
|• Job Creation and Economic Development|
Riddle's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I believe in maintaining a fiscally sound state government. Fighting tax increases and eliminating wasteful spending is a must for Missouri."
Preserving Traditional Family Values
- Excerpt: "From conception to natural end, I am 100% pro-life and will continue to defend those values."
Defending the Second Amendment
- Excerpt: "I am a strong advocate for 2nd Amendment rights guaranteed by our Constitution."
Educating Missouri Children
- Excerpt: "As a retired school teacher and coach, education is a top priority. It is the door to Missouri’s future. Every child should have access to a world class education. College and vocational schools must be affordable."
Pro-Small Business & Agriculture
- Excerpt: "I support limited government intervention in our small businesses and family farms. The spirit of competition in free enterprise creates economic growth and job opportunity if not stifled by government red tape."
No New Taxes Pledge
A minority of Missouri lawmakers signed the 2011 edition of the "No New Taxes Pledge." The Taxpayer Protection Pledge is offered by the non-profit lobbying organization Americans for Tax Reform with the goal of opposing all tax increases as a matter of principle. Just one out of 34 state Senate members signed the 2011 pledge. Out of 163 state House members, only 38 lawmakers signed.
Riddle signed the pledge.
- See also: Missouri State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Missouri State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Ed Schieffer was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jeanie Riddle was unopposed in the Republican primary.
Riddle won re-election in the 2012 election for Missouri House of Representatives, District 49. Riddle ran unopposed in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Pamela Murray (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 49, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jeanie Riddle Incumbent||70.2%||10,314|
On November 2, 2010, Riddle won election to the Missouri House of Representatives.
Riddle raised $118,088 for her campaign.
|Missouri House of Representatives, District 20|
|Jeanie Riddle (R)||10,228||63.0%|
|David Moen (D)||6,008||37.0%|
Comprehensive donor information for Riddle is available dating back to 2008. Based on available campaign finance records, Riddle raised a total of $548,154 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Jeanie Riddle's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Missouri House of Representatives, District 49||$283,357|
|2010||Missouri House of Representatives, District 20||$146,709|
|2008||Missouri House of Representatives, District 20||$118,088|
|Grand Total Raised||$548,154|
2012Riddle won re-election to the Missouri House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Riddle raised a total of $283,357.
|Missouri House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jeanie Riddle's campaign in 2012|
|Citizens to Elect Mike Kehoe||$5,000|
|St Louis Chapter of National Electrical Contractors Association||$5,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$283,357|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, a year in which Riddle was up for re-election, she collected $146,709 in donations.
Her four largest contributors in 2010 were:
|Rightchoice Managed Care||$3,000|
|Lester, Bill & Mary||$2,200|
|C Bar K Ranch||$1,750|
Listed below are the five largest contributors to Jeanie Riddle's 2008 campaign.
|Missourians Needing Educational Alternatives||$5,000|
|Missourians for Hobbs||$1,500|
In 2014, Riddle's endorsements include:
- Missouri Right to Life
Riddle has been Treasurer of the Women Legislators of Missouri and a member of the Callaway County Chamber of Commerce, First Baptist Church, Missouri Farm Bureau, Missouri-Retired Teachers Association, National Rifle Association, and the Rotary Club of Fulton.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Jeanie + Riddle + Missouri + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Missouri House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Missouri state legislative districts
- Missouri General Assembly
- Office website
- Campaign website
- Profile from Open States
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Elections: Offices Filed in Candidate Filing," accessed April 11, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Riddle
- "jeanieformissouri," Official Campaign Website
- Americans for Tax Reform, "2011 State Legislative Signers of the Taxpayer Protection Pledge," accessed November 26, 2013
- Missouri Secretary of State, "All Results - State of Missouri - Primary Election - August 5, 2014," accessed August 26, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Certified Candidate List - Primary Election," accessed July 24, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Nov 6, 2012 General Election - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Missouri Secretary of State, "Aug 7, 2012 Primary - All Results," accessed February 13, 2014
- Missouri House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- Follow the Money's report on Riddle's 2008 campaign contributions
- Follow the Money, "Riddle, Jeanie," accessed September 19, 2013
- Follow the Money, "Missouri 2010 - Candidates," accessed May 15, 2014
- The Missouri Times, "Missouri Right to Life releases 2014 endorsements," July 9, 2014
|Missouri House of Representatives District 49
| Succeeded by|
|Missouri House of Representatives District 20
| Succeeded by|
John A. Mayfield (D)
State of Missouri
Jefferson City (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor & Industrial Relations | Chairman of Public Service Commission |