|Montana State Senate, District 32|
|January 5, 2015 - present|
|January 6, 2019|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||Montana State University, 2002|
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Hinkle served on the following committees:
|Montana Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Fish and Game|
|• State Administration|
- See also: Montana State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Montana State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for major party candidates wishing to run in this election was March 10, 2014; minor party and independent candidates had until June 2, 2014, to file. Franke Wilmer was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jedediah Hinkle defeated Bruce Robertson in the Republican primary. Hinkle defeated Wilmer in the general election. Incumbent Larry Jent (D) did not seek re-election due to term limits.
|Montana State Senate, District 32 General Election, 2014|
|Montana State Senate, District 32 Republican Primary, 2014|
Hinkle ran for District 66 in the Montana House of Representatives in the November 2, 2010, state legislative elections. He defeated John Milanovich in the June 8 primary by a margin of 347-240 and was defeated by incumbent Mike Phillips (D) in the November 2 general election.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, Hinkle's endorsements included:
- National Rifle Association
- Montana Shooting Sports Association
- Montana Conservative Alliance
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jedediah + Hinkle + Montana + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Montana State Senate
- Montana State Senate elections, 2014
- Montana State Legislature
- Montana State Senate District 32
- Office website
- Official campaign website
- Jedediah Hinkle on Facebook
- Profile from Gallatin County Republicans
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Official candidate list
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Candidate Filing List: Legislative," accessed October 29, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2014 Statewide Primary Election Canvass," accessed June 30, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "Legislative Primary Canvass - June 08, 2010," accessed March 12, 2014
- Montana Secretary of State, "2010 Legislative General Election Canvass," accessed March 12, 2014
- Hinkle for Montana, "Endorsements," accessed May 12, 2014 (dead link)