|Attorney General of New Jersey|
|January 3, 2012 - Present|
|Predecessor||Paula Dow (D)|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Gov. Chris Christie (R)|
|Bachelor's||University of Notre Dame (1987)|
|J.D.||Catholic University of America (1990)|
Chiesa grew up in Bound Brook, New Jersey. His father, a chemical plant worker, died when he was 8 years old, leaving his mother, a longtime public school teacher, with the challenge of raising Chiesa and his two younger sisters largely on her own.
After spending several years away from his home state to attend Notre Dame and Catholic University, where he received his Bachelor's in Business Administration in Accounting and J.D., respectively, Chiesa returned to New Jersey in 1991 to work for the law firm of Dughi & Hewit.. He now lives in Branchburg with his wife and two children.
It was at Dughi & Hewit that Chiesa reportedly met New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie. In 2002 Chiesa joined Christie to the U.S. Attorney's Office where he led some of what have been described as high-profile public corruption cases. For example, Chiesa led a case against former New Jersey Senate President John Lynch.
- BA, University of Notre Dame (1987)
- JD, Catholic University of America (1990)
New Jersey Attorney General (2012-present)
In 2009, Chiesa led the transition team when Chris Christie (R) stepped into office as Governor of New Jersey. He was named Christie’s chief counsel in January 2010, and served in this position until December 2011, when the governor nominated him for Attorney General of New Jersey. Chiesa took office as attorney general in January 2012.
Chiesa was nominated to serve as the state's chief law enforcement officer by Governor Chris Christie in December 2011. On January 10, 2012 Chiesa was sworn in as New Jersey's 59th attorney general.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeff + Chiesa + New + Jersey + Attorney"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- NJ Attorney General creates panel to review State Police promotion process - NJ.com
- NJ trooper get probation for high-speed escort - Philly.com - Philly.com
- Officers honored for going 'beyond the call of duty' in Somerset County - The Star-Ledger - NJ.com
- Probation for trooper in luxury-car escort - PoliceOne - Police News
- Burlington County Looking To Make Rt. 130 Safer For Pedestrians - CBS Local
- Father of 4-year-old NJ boy who shot friend is charged - Reuters
- NJ AG warns consumers to check vehicle flood and salvage database - Legal News Line
- New Jersey trooper's killer is first woman on FBI most wanted terror list - GlobalPost
- Lopatcong Township state trooper gets probation for unauthorized high-speed ... - The Express Times - LehighValleyLive.com
- Officials announce new Route 130 enforcement effort - phillyBurbs.com
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Office of The Attorney General
P.O. Box 080
Trenton, NJ 08625-0080
- ↑ New Jersey.com, "N.J. Attorney General Paula Dow leaves office after nearly 2 stressful, sometimes frustrating, years," January 3, 2012
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 New Jersey Real-Time News,"New N.J. attorney general takes the reins at a turbulent time for crime fighters," January 25, 2012
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Office of the AG, "Biography of Jeff Chiesa", accessed January 31, 2012
- ↑ State of New Jersey Office of the Attorney General "Biography of Jeff Chiesa," accessed April 26, 2012
Paula Dow (D)
|New Jersey Attorney General
| Succeeded by|