|Former candidate for|
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 87|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Lehart's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "Let's stop trying to build the economy by cutting taxes on the richest Ohioans, and focus on the middle class. We need to cut taxes for those who need it most, and grow the economy from middle out, not top down."
- Excerpt: "Affordable education is the single greatest program that our government can offer to us."
- Excerpt: "Our government cannot continue treating women with less respect than a man. Women deserve equal pay, affordable medical services, and the same right to achieve the American dream as a man."
- Excerpt: "If we want our families to get ahead, we need to ensure that union protections are in place for fair living wages, safe working conditions, and proper benefits. Its no coincident that the states with the lowest paid workers, and highest injury rates happen to be so-called 'Right-to-Work' states."
Elections for the office of Ohio House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Jeffrey Lehart was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Jeffrey McClain was unopposed in the Republican primary. McClain defeated Lehart in the general election.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 87 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Jeffrey McClain Incumbent||72.7%||21,747|
Lehart ran in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 87. Lehart was unopposed in the March 6 Democratic primary election and was defeated by District 82 incumbent Jeffrey McClain (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 87, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jeffrey McClain Incumbent||66.1%||31,894|
In 2014, Lehart's endorsements included the following:
- The Ohio Democratic Party
- NARAL Pro-Choice Ohio
- Ohio Federation of Teachers
- AFSCME Power in Action
- Laborers' International Union of North America AFL-CIO Local 574
- Ohio Association of Professional Firefighters
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers Local 688
- Planned Parenthood Advocates of Ohio
- Ohio Association of Public School Employees
- Ohio Civil Service Employees Association/AFSCME Local 11
- Ohio AFL-CIO
- Ohio Education Association
- Crawford-Richland Central Labor Council AFL-CIO
- Ohio State Legislative Board of the Sheet Metal, Air, Rail, and Transportation Workers - Transportation Division.
Lehart and his wife, Angela, have two daughters.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeffrey + Lehart + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio House of Representatives
- Ohio General Assembly
- Ohio House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Ohio House of Representatives District 87
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Jeffrey Lehart on Twitter
- Profile from Follow the Money
- jefflehart.com, "Issues," accessed August 27, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Republican Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio official results for 2012 General Election," accessed June 10, 2014
- jefflehart.com, "Endorsements," accessed August 27, 2014
- jefflehart.com, "Biography," accessed August 27, 2014
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |