|North Carolina House of Representatives District 54|
Starkweather's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"We shouldn’t be laying off teachers and teachers’ assistants. They help our children and their jobs help our local economy. Legislative leaders should be ashamed that NC now spends less per pupil than just about any other state in the nation."
- Excerpt:"We must support local farms and businesses and work strategically to attract clean industries — not simply wait for the jobs to show up."
Clean Air and Water
- Excerpt:"don’t allow hydraulic fracking for gas in North Carolina, until and unless we are certain it will not undermine our health and environment."
Restore the Dream
- Excerpt:"We must restore the promise of upward mobility for all. The American Dream is for everyone, not just the privileged few."
Stop the Train Wreck
- Excerpt:"The new legislative majority in Raleigh has eliminated teaching jobs, attacked the educators’ association, and begun dismantling environmental laws. Now they are trying to turn back the clock on the rights of women, minorities and anyone who doesn’t share their ideology."
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 54 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Deb McManus Incumbent||59.2%||7,447|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jeff + Starkweather + North Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Jeff Starkweather on Facebook
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |
Public Records Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |