|Kansas House of Representatives District 123|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||President/CEO, Western State Bank|
Prior to his election to the House, Whitham served as mayor and on the city commission of Garden City. He has worked as President and CEO of Western State Bank since 1983.
Whitham is a graduate of Kansas State University and earned his J.D. from Washburn Law School.
Whitham's website lists his legislative priorities as state budget and taxes, immigration, and taxpayer's bill of rights (TABOR).
He refused to take Project Vote Smart's 2008 Political Courage Test. The test, which is administered to all candidates for presidential, congressional, gubernatorial, and state legislative offices, asks one central question - "Are you willing to tell citizens your positions on the issues you will most likely face on their behalf?"
Has not sponsored any major legislation.
While a member of the Kansas House of Representatives, Whitham served on the following committees:
- Appropriations Committee, House of Representatives
- General Government Budget Committee, House of Representatives
- Judiciary Committee, House of Representatives (Vice-Chair)
- Rules and Journal Committee, House of Representatives
- Select Committee on KPERS Committee, House of Representatives
- Pensions, Investments and Benefits Joint Committee, State Legislature
Whitham did not run for re-election in 2010.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 123|
|Jeff Whitham (R)||5,451||100%|
In 2008 Whitham collected $9,549 in donations.
HIs four largest contributors were:
|Kansas Association of Realtors||$1,000|
- Official Website
- Kansas Legislature - Jeff Whitham (dead link)
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2006, 2008
|Kansas House of Representatives District 123
| Succeeded by|
Reynaldo R. Mesa (R)
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |