|Tennessee State Senate, District 21|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Yarbro's campaign website highlights the following issues:
Supporting Teachers & Improving Schools
- Excerpt: "Jeff will fight in the State Senate to support our teachers and expand pre-K to ensure our children start school ready to learn."
Expanding Access to Health Care
- Excerpt: "As your State Senator, Jeff will work to expand access to preventative care to reduce infant mortality rates, childhood obesity, and Type II diabetes."
Advocating for Nashville
- Excerpt: "Jeff will stand up for Nashville when the legislature tries to overturn Metro's laws, micromanage our city's transit planning, and spend our local tax dollars on vouchers for private schools."
- Excerpt: "Jeff will work to ensure that every resident has a part in Nashville's success through quality jobs and affordable living."
- See also: Tennessee State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for 18 seats in the Tennessee State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place on August 7, 2014. A general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 3, 2014. Mary Mancini was defeated by Jeff Yarbro in the Democratic primary. Diana Cuellar defeated Mwafaq Aljabbary and Quincy McKnight in the Republican primary. Yarboro and Cuellar will face off in the general election.
|Tennessee State Senate, District 21 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Tennessee State Senate, District 21 Republican Primary, 2014|
- See also: Tennessee State Senate elections, 2010
Initial vote counts showed Douglas Henry narrowly defeating Yarbro, with the most recent vote count showing a 13-vote victory out of 11,285 total votes cast in the August 5 primary. An official recount took place and Henry advanced to the general election.
In 2014, Yarbro's endorsements include the following:
- Hon. Phil Bredesen, Fmr. Governor of Tennessee
- Hon. Darren Jernigan, State Representative Dist. 60
- Hon. Sherry Jones, State Representative Dist. 59
- Hon. Jason Powell, State Representative Dist.53
- Hon. Mike Stewart, State Representative Dist.52
- Tennessee Education Association
- Stand for Children
- IAFF Local 140
- Fraternal Order of Police
- Nashville Building and Construction Trades Council
- The Tennessean
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jeff + Yarbro + Tennessee + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Tennessee General Assembly
- Tennessee State Senate District 21
- Tennessee State Senate
- Tennessee State Senate elections, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "Petitions Filed for State Senate and State House of Representatives," accessed April 5, 2014
- Jeff Yarbro for State Senate, "Priorities," accessed July 17, 2014
- Tennessee Secretary of State, "August 7, 2014 Election Results," accessed September 11, 2014
- Unofficial Democratic state senate primary results from the TN Secretary of State, 2010
- "Yarbro to ask for recount in bid to unseat Sen. Henry" Nashville Public Radio
- List of 2010 candidates for Tennessee State Senate
- Jeff Yarbro for State Senate, "Endorsements," accessed July 17, 2014
- tennessean.com, "Yarbro will be a bridge-builder," August 2, 2014