|New Jersey General Assembly, District 22|
|Bachelor's||John Jay College of Criminal Justice|
First attended John Jay College of Criminal Justice, where he studied Government and Public Administration. He is a licensed nursing home administrator, and has been practicing as such for 25 years. He served two consecutive terms as a former immediate president for the Society of Licensed Nursing Home Administrators of New Jersey, and was also the former vice president of the largest medical center in New Jersey. As the vice president, First was responsible for the largest skilled nursing and rehabilitation center in New Jersey, with a resident/patient capacity of 691 beds.
First's official campaign website stated that his primary campaign themes were: "I strongly believe that our government must be operated like any successful business venture. Expenditures cannot exceed revenues. Tight controls must be placed on spending."
First ran in the 2013 election for New Jersey General Assembly District 22. First was bracketed with John Campbell. He was unopposed in the June 4 Republican primary. He was defeated by incumbent Gerald Green (D) and incumbent Linda Stender (D) in the general election, which took place on November 5, 2013.
First was a candidate for District 22 of the New Jersey General Assembly. First and Joan Van Pelt ran unopposed in the Republican Primary on June 7. He was defeated in the November 8 general election by Gerald Green and Linda Stender.
First is married and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeffrey + First + New + Jersey + General + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Jeffrey First Official Campaign Website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- New Jersey Department of State, Official Primary Results
- New Jersey Department of State, Unofficial general election candidates (dead link)
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 Primary Candidates," accessed April 15, 2013
- "Jeffrey First Official Campaign Website," accessed May 9, 2013
- New Jersey Department of Elections, "Official Primary Election Results," accessed July 26, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "Official 2013 General Assembly general election candidates," accessed April 10, 2014
- Associated Press, "New Jersey - Summary Vote Results," November 6, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2013 Official General Election results," accessed December 9, 2013
- New Jersey Department of State, "2011 Official General Assembly Primary Candidate List," accessed April 10, 2014
State of New Jersey
|State executive officer||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Protection | Commissioner of Labor and Workforce Development | President of Public Utilities |