Jeffrey J. Blevins
|Jeffrey J. Blevins|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Ohio, District 16|
|Place of birth||Barberton, OH|
Blevins has worked in a variety of professions: including research reporter, pet store manager, hotel night auditor, and representative of a currency trading firm. He is currently employed as a restaurant manager.
Blevins' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Federal Spending
- Excerpt: "We must reign in the out of control spending taking place in our nation’s capital and force the federal government to live within our fiscal means."
- National Security
- Excerpt: "We need to realize that our national security is not threatened most by extremists or zealots, but instead by our fiscal practices."
- Second Amendment
- Excerpt: "Our founding fathers worked hard to create a government of checks and balances, and the Second Amendment is the peoples’ part in this intricate system."
- Excerpt: "There are numerous, constitutional ways to curb the cost of medical care in our nation. However, implementing an unconstitutional piece of legislation will not only fail to achieve the objective of affordable heathcare for all Americans, it will further erode our civil liberties that are duly recognized in the Constitution of the United States."
- Excerpt: "We should not spend taxpayer monies on the subsidizing of alternative energy sources; the free market should dictate the need and price of such fuel sources."
- Excerpt: "Illegal immigration is just that, illegal, and should rightly be a punishable offense. As it is now, illegals are rewarded with social service benefits that further weaken the United States economy."
- Free Trade
- Excerpt: "Free trade is an extension of personal property rights; an individual has the right to trade any of their personal property to others in a mutually agreed upon exchange. However, global governments have politicized trade and tied it to humanitarian and monetary policies."
- Economy & Jobs
- Excerpt: "The driving force behind sustainable jobs is a strong economy, not the government. A government has the ability to hamper an economy and thus stifle employment opportunities, and our government generally does just that."
- Excerpt: "The United States Tax code is designed to do two things: generate revenue for the federal government, and give the federal government more control over our daily lives. Both of these are an overreach by the federal government of the United States."
- Right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness
- Excerpt: "The Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States recognize everyone’s right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. These rights are inalienable and endowed upon us by our Creator, not our government."
The Washington Post listed the House of Representatives elections in Ohio in 2012 as one of the 10 states that could have determined whether Democrats retook the House or Republicans held their majority in 2013. Ohio tied with Pennsylvania for 9th on the list.
Blevins and his wife, Teresa, have three children.