|Alabama House of Representatives, District 27|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Alabama House of Representatives District 27|
McLaughlin was a Democratic member of the Alabama House of Representatives, representing the 27th District, Marshall County from 2001 to 2010. He was first elected in a special election in January 2001.
McLaughlin currently works as an attorney. He has previously been a law clerk with Maynard Cooper and Gale Law Firm and for United States District Judge Seybourn Lynne.
McLaughlin is a member of the Lake City Civitans, Lake Guntersville Chamber of Commerce, Saint William's Church, Guntersville Historical Society, Marshall County Bar Association, Red Cross, and United Way of Marshall County.
McLaughlin did not provide answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
McLaughlin formerly served on the following committees:
- County and Municipal Government Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Education Appropriations Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Allocations (Vice Chair)
- Subcommittee on Government Regulations (Vice Chair)
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on June 3, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2013. Jeffrey McLaughlin is unopposed in the Democratic primary. Will Ainsworth is unopposed in the Republican primary.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 27 General Election (2010)|
|Wes Long (R)||8,238|
|Jeffrey McLaughlin (D)||7,225|
McLaughlin raised $0 for his campaign.
In 2006, McLaughlin raised no money for his campaign.
- McLaughlin re-election Homepage
- Alabama Legislature - Jeffrey McLaughlin
- Project Vote Smart - Jeffrey McLaughlin
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2002
- Re-Elect Jeff McLaughlin on Facebook
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. McLaughlin
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. McLaughlin Issue Positions
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Alabama House spending, 2006
|Alabama House District 27
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|