|Delaware House of Representatives District 11|
|January 8, 2013-Present|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Per diem||$7,334 annual expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Smyrna High School (2001)|
|Bachelor's||Ithaca College (2005)|
|Master's||Norwich University (2007)|
Spiegelman graduated from Smyrna High School in 2001. He earned his B.S. in Cinema, Photography and History from Ithaca College in 2005 and an M.A. in Military History in 2007 from Norwich University.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Spiegelman served on the following committees:
|Delaware Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Economic Development/Banking/Insurance/Commerce|
|• Housing & Community Affairs|
|• Natural Resources|
|• Revenue & Finance|
|• Veterans Affairs|
Elections for the office of Delaware House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place September 9, 2014. The general election will be held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 8, 2014. Lynne W. Newlin was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Jeffrey N. Spiegelman was unopposed in the Republican primary. Newlin will face Spiegelman in the general election.
Spiegelman ran in the 2012 election for Delaware House of Representatives District 11. Spiegelman ran unopposed in the Republican primary on September 11, 2012 and defeated Lynne Newlin and Margaret McKeown in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Delaware House of Representatives, District 11, General Election, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Spiegelman is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Spiegelman raised a total of $27,204 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 19, 2013.
|Jeffery Spiegelman's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Delaware State House, District 11||$27,204|
|Grand Total Raised||$27,204|
2012Spiegelman won election to the Delaware House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Spiegelman raised a total of $27,204.
|Delaware House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jeffery Speigelman's campaign in 2012|
|Delaware Republican Party||$1,000|
|Spiegelman, Jeffery Nathan||$600|
|Total Raised in 2012||$27,204|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their stances on "social and economic justice issues."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jeffrey + Spiegelman + Delaware + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Delaware House of Representatives
- Delaware House Committees
- Delaware House of Representatives District 11
- Delaware State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Jeffrey Spiegelman's personal website
- Profile from the Delaware House
- Profile from Open States
- Jeffrey Spiegelman on Facebook
- Jeffrey Spiegelman on YouTube
- Jeffrey Spiegelman on Twitter
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Friends for Jeff, "Info," accessed October 24, 2012
- State of Delaware, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- State of Delaware, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 10, 2014
- Delaware State Board of Elections, "Candidate List," accessed July 13, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Spiegelman, Jeffery," accessed September 19, 2013
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed July 21, 2014
Gregory Lavelle (R)
|Delaware House of Representatives District
| Succeeded by|