|Massachusetts State Senate Worcester and Middlesex|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||University of Massachusetts-Boston, 1998|
|Master's||Fitchburg State College, 2004|
|Birthday||September 9, 1975|
|Place of birth||Leominster, MA|
Flanagan earned her Bachelors degree in political science from the University of Massachusetts-Boston and her MS in mental health counseling from Fitchburg State College.
Jennifer Flanagan is currently involved in a number of organizations, including the Boys and Girls Club, Johnny Appleseed Parade Committee, Junior Achievement of Central Massachusetts, The Grafton House Program of YOU, Incorporated, Montachusett Addiction Council, Project Apples, Spanish American Center, and Twin Cities First Night.
Jennifer Flanagan serves on the Joint Committee on Mental Health and Substance Abuse and the Joint Committee on Transportation.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Flanagan served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Ways and Means, Vice-chair|
|• Ways and Means Joint, Vice-chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Flanagan served on these committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Public Service Joint, Vice-chair|
|• Steering and Policy, Chair|
|• Telecommunication, Utilities and Energy Joint|
|• Transportation Joint, Vice-chair|
|• Ways and Means Joint|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Flanagan served on these committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2009|
|• Children, Families and Persons with Disabilities Joint|
|• Elder Affairs Joint|
|• Environment, Natural Resources and Agriculture Joint|
|• Mental Health and Substance Abuse Joint|
|• Public Health Joint|
|• Transportation Joint|
Flanagan won re-election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts State Senate Worcester and Middlesex District. Flanagan was unopposed in the September 6 Democratic primary and was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
Flanagan won re-election to the Worcester and Middlesex District Seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition. Neal Heeren ran for the seat on the Republican ticket. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Massachusetts State Senate - Worcester and Middlesex District|
|Jennifer Flanagan (D)||30,524|
|Neal Heeren (R)||21,278|
On November 4, 2008, Flanagan won the Senate election for the Worcester and Middlesex district.  In this election he raised $134,476-; of that total $129,341 (96.2%) was from in state contributions and $5,135 (3.8%) was from out of state contributions.
|Massachusetts State Senate - Worcester and Middlesex district|
|Jennifer Flanagan (D)||54,341|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Flanagan received $103,886 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Massachusetts State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jennifer Flanagan's campaign in 2010|
|Massachusetts Psychiatric Society||$1,000|
|Massachusetts Correction Officers Federated Union||$1,000|
|Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 537||$1,000|
|1199 Seiu United Healthcare Workers East||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$103,886|
In 2008 Jennifer Flanagan collected $134,476 in donations. 
Her two largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Retired Public Employees||$1,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Jennifer + Flanagan + Massachusetts + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Massachusetts Senate leaders unveil $33.9 billion proposed budget, balanced ... - MassLive.com
- Gardner woman joins state's Unsung Heroines - Worcester Telegram
- Summit stresses push for mental health parity - Worcester Telegram
- LETTER: Thanks for making Dodgeballin' for Kids a success - Fall River Herald News
- Senate rejects MBTA cost-saving task force - The Sun
- Beacon Hill Roll Call - Nashoba Publishing
- Locals express relief, gratitude - Sentinel and Enterprise
- Primary, local town elections are today - Sentinel and Enterprise
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
Jennifer Flanagan was born and raised in Leominster, Massachusetts. She is currently married to Carmine Flanagan.
- Senator Flanagan's campaign website
- Official Massachusetts State Senate website
- Project Vote Smart policies
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Senator Flanagan's facebook
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Senator Flanagan
- ↑ 2012 State Primary Candidate List "Massachusetts Secretary of State," Accessed June 26, 2012
- ↑ 2012 Massachusetts Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Return of Votes for Massachusetts State Election November 4, 2008
- ↑ Follow the Money 2008
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 Contributions
- ↑ 2008 contributors to Jennifer Flanagan
|Massachusetts State Senate Worcester and Middlesex
| Succeeded by|