|Rhode Island House of Representatives District 46|
|2011 - Present|
|January 6, 2015|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Vermont|
|Master's||University of Rhode Island|
|Profession||Real Estate Project Manager|
O'Grady has served on the Northern Rhode Island Chamber of Commerce as well as the Lincoln Town Council, where he held the position of president from 2007 to 2009.
O'Grady earned his B.A. from the University of Vermont and his M.P.A. from the University of Rhode Island. His professional experience includes working as the director of Benchmark Human Resources and as a project manager for Olneyville Housing Corporation.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, O'Grady served on the following committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Municipal Government, Vice Chair|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, O'Grady served on these committees:
|Rhode Island Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Municipal Government|
Elections for the office of Rhode Island House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on September 9, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 25, 2014. Incumbent Jeremiah O'Grady will face John J. Cullen in the Democratic primary, while Matthew Guerra is unopposed in the Republican primary.
Grady won re-election in the 2012 election for Rhode Island House of Representatives District 46. O'Grady defeated John Douglas Barr II in the September 11 Democratic primary and defeated Matthew Guerra (R), Paul DiDomenico (I) and Mary Ann Shallcross Smith (I) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 46 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Jeremiah O'Grady Incumbent||64%||785|
|John Barr II||36%||442|
O'Grady defeated incumbent Democrat Mary Ann Shallcross-Smith in the September 14 Democratic primary and defeated Republican Matthew Guerra and independents C. Kevin McCarthy and Paul Didomenico in the November 2 general election.
|Rhode Island House District 46|
|Jeremiah O'Grady (D)||2150|
|Matthew Guerra (R)||1596|
|C. Kevin McCarthy (I)||520|
|Paul Didomenico (I)||127|
Comprehensive donor information for Jeremiah O'Grady is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Jeremiah O'Grady raised a total of $22,529 during that time period. This information was last updated on August 9, 2013.
|Jeremiah O'Grady's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 46||$9,345|
|2010||Rhode Island House of Representatives, District 46||$13,184|
|Grand Total Raised||$22,529|
2012Jeremiah O'Grady won re-election to the Rhode Island House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Jeremiah O'Grady raised a total of $9,345.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jeremiah O'Grady's campaign in 2012|
|Ogrady, Jeremiah T||$2,200|
|Collins, Brian P||$1,500|
|New England Healthcare Employees District 1199||$750|
|Amalgamated Transit Union||$400|
|Rhode Island Builders Association||$350|
|Total Raised in 2012||$9,345|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Jeremiah O'Grady won election to the Rhode Island House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Jeremiah O'Grady raised a total of $13,529.
|Rhode Island House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jeremiah O'Grady's campaign in 2010|
|Ogrady, Jeremiah T||$2,404|
|National Education Association Rhode Island||$2,000|
|Lincoln Teachers Association||$1,000|
|Rhode Island Afl-Cio||$600|
|Connecticut Healthcare District 1199||$500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$13,529|
|Source:Follow the Money|
O'Grady and his wife, Elizabeth, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Jeremiah + OGrady + Rhode + Island + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Rhode Island House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Rhode Island General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Rhode Island state legislative districts
- Profile from the Rhode Island House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012 2010
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Rep. Jeremiah O'Grady," accessed June 10, 2014
- Rhode Island Secretary of State, "Candidates for Representative in General Assembly," accessed June 30, 2014
- Candidates in Upcoming Elections, "Rhode Island Secretary of State," accessed July 10, 2012
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide Primary Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2012 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2010 Statewide Primary Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- State of Rhode Island Board of Elections, "2010 Statewide General Election Results," accessed June 10, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Ogrady, Jeremiah," accessed August 9, 2013
Mary Ann Shallcross-Smith (D)
|Rhode Island House of Representatives - District 46
| Succeeded by|