|Ohio House of Representatives District 78|
VanMeter's professional experience includes working as a graduate assistant and forklift operator. He earned his B.A. in political science from Muskingum University and is pursuing his M.A. in political science at Ohio University.
In a submitted biography, VanMeter described his political philosophy:
"If what the People demand is good government, we better start with good governors-- people take the oath of office and accept the responsibility to govern.
I accepted that responsibility as a school board member for the Berne Union Local School District. I accept that responsibility now as Board President of the Fairfield County Educational Service Center.
I cannot claim sole credit for all the good things we have accomplished as boards of education, but I have accepted responsibility for things that were not right—when we have failed to act, when we kicked problems down the road, when we ignored the voices of those who encountered injustice and made excuses for our ignorance.
As your state representative, I will:
- Work with fellow legislators to correct the injustice of burdening local taxpayers with the responsibility to fund public schools.
- Support tax credits for struggling middle class families and close tax loopholes that allow the rich to get out of paying their fair share for Ohio's future.
- Protect the rights of Ohio's workers and work with business leaders to promote workforce development for a clean-energy Ohio."
VanMeter ran in the 2012 election for Ohio House, District 78. VanMeter was unopposed in the March 6 Democratic primary election and was defeated by Ron Hood (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 78, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jeremy + VanMeter + Ohio + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Republican Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "2012 Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio official results for 2012 General Election," accessed June 10, 2014
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |