|Mayor of Laredo, Texas|
|Webb County Board of Commissioners|
|Bachelor's||Texas A&M International University|
|Master's||Saint Mary's University|
Garza holds a B.A. in Political Science from Texas A&M International University and an M.A. in Communications and Applied Politics from Saint Mary's University. His professional experience includes owning his own insurance company and working as a financial adviser.
- See also: Laredo, Texas municipal elections, 2014
The city of Laredo, Texas will hold elections for mayor on November 4, 2014. The filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was August 18, 2014. Candidates include Guadalupe Botello, Rolando S. Herrera, Jose S. Dorantes Jr., Pete Saenz, James Joel Newland, Cindy Liendo and Jerry Garza. Incumbent Raul G. Salinas is ineligible to run for re-election due to term limits.
On his campaign website, Garza highlighted the following issues:
- "Improve infrastructure and add thoroughfares to secure our position as the No. 1 inland port."
- "Establish a children’s hospital to provide maximum healthcare as well as high paying jobs."
- "Create a water park funded by private investment, fed by water wells within its proximity, thereby creating jobs and entertainment value."
- "Construct more mega-recreational centers around Laredo."
- "Increase public safety by providing more and better resources to police."
|Texas House of Representatives District 80 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Tracy King Incumbent||59.7%||10,599|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jerry + Garza + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Jerry Garza for Mayor, "CV," accessed on September 23, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Important Election Dates," accessed May 14, 2014
- City of Laredo, "Candidate List," accessed on August 26, 2014
- Jerry Garza for Mayor, "Platform," accessed on September 23, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2012 Election and Candidate Information," accessed June 12, 2012
- Office of the (Texas) Secretary of State, "Race Summary Report," accessed July 12, 2012