Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, California, District 46|
|Bachelor's||San Diego State University|
|Birthday||April 29, 1958|
|Place of birth||Orange County, CA|
|(timed out) Campaign website|
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
Jerry Hayden was a 2012 Republican candidate who sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 46th Congressional District of California. He lost in the general election.
Hayden's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Restoring Financial Health
- Excerpt: "Loretta Sanchez and her colleagues refuse to stop government overspending. As our economy continues to sputter, Sanchez and her colleagues in Congress have increased federal spending by 31%. She fails to understand that we cannot borrow and spend our way out of a $15 trillion debt that equals nearly $49,000 for every single American."
- Excerpt: "To fix this economy, we must again set the free market free. That’s why I’ll fight to immediately suspend job killing mandates, fees, and taxes. That includes rolling these back to the Reagan era, which resulted in the greatest economic expansion in America’s history."
- Promoting Excellence for the Future
- Excerpt: "I support a return of local control to local schools. On the federal level, that means getting government strings and mandates out of our public schools. Local school boards, principals and teachers must have freedom, and responsibility, for how they educate our children. The Sacramento, and increasingly Washington D.C., mentality that they know better has damaged local schools more than helped."
- See also: California's 46th Congressional District elections, 2012
Hayden ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 46th District. He and district 47 incumbent Loretta Sanchez (D) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating John Cullum (R), Pat Garcia (R) and Jorge Rocha (Ind). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and Sanchez won.
|U.S. House, California District 46 Open Primary, 2012
Loretta Sanchez (D) Incumbent
|Jerry Hayden (R)
| John Cullum (R)
| Jorge Rocha (NPP)
| Pat Garcia (R)
Breakdown of the source of Hayden's campaign funds before the 2012 election.
Hayden did not win election to the U.S. House in 2012. During that election cycle, Hayden's campaign committee raised a total of $133,602 and spent $129,449.
|U.S. House, California District 46, 2012 - Jerry Hayden Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner
|Total Spent by Election Winner
|Top contributors to Jerry Hayden's campaign committee|
|D Fine Jewelry||$5,000|
|Foot Md, Foot & Ankle Orthopedist||$5,000|
|North County Oral & Facial Surgery Ctr||$5,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Oil & Gas||$5,900|
Hayden and his wife, Helen, have two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jerry + Hayden + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Jerry Hayden News Feed
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 CNN, "California Districts Race - 2012 Election Center," accessed December 1, 2012
- ↑ Campaign website, Issues
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Unofficial election results," November 6, 2012
- ↑ Open Secrets, "Jerry Hayden 2012 Election Cycle," accessed March 19, 2013
- ↑ Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed June 2, 2014