Jerry L. Mitchell
|Jerry L. Mitchell|
|Illinois House of Representatives District 90|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Eureka College, 1968|
|Master's||Illinois State University, 1974|
|Other||EdS, Western Illinois University, 1992|
|Birthday||June 18, 1942|
|Place of birth||Jacksonville, IL|
Mitchell served as Superintendent of the Dixon Public School District from 1993-1994 and Assistant Superintendent from 1983-1993. He was also Principal of Rock Falls Junior High School from 1981-1983, and Junior High Principal of Danville Public Schools from 1976-1981.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Mitchell served on the following committees:
- Elementary & Secondary Education, Ranking Minority Member
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Mitchell served on the following committees:
- Appropriations-Elementary & Secondary Education
- Elementary & Secondary Education (Ranking Minority Member)
- Public Policy & Accountability
- Railroad Industry
- Subcommittee on Charter Schools
- Subcommittee on School Transportation
- Veterans' Affairs
Mitchell did not seek re-election in 2012.
Mitchell won re-election to the 90th District seat against Democrat Kenneth J. Novak. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary on February 2nd. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 90 (2010)|
|Jerry L. Mitchell (R)||22,217||66.73%|
|Kenneth J. Novak (D)||11,076||33.27%|
On November 4, 2008, Republican Jerry Mitchell won re-election to the Illinois House of Representatives District 90 receiving 29,414 votes, ahead of Democrat Kenneth Novack who received 17,002 votes.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 90 (2008)|
|Jerry L. Mitchell (R)||29,414|
|Kenneth Novack (D)||17,002|
On November 7, 2006, Republican Jerry Mitchell won re-election to the Illinois House of Representatives District 90 receiving 19,852 votes ahead of Democrat Kenneth Novack who received 11,806 votes.
|Illinois House of Representatives, District 90 (2006)|
|David Miller (R)||19,852|
|Kenneth J. Novack (D)||11,806|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Mitchell collected $91,037 in campaign contributions. The largest contributors are listed below:
|Illinois House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jerry L. Mitchell's campaign in 2010|
|Illinois Education Association||$11,750|
|Illinois Federation Of Teachers||$3,381|
|John Deere & Co||$3,000|
|Quad City Chamber Of Commerce||$2,500|
|Associated Beer Distributors Of Illinois||$2,400|
|Total Raised in 2010||$91,037|
In 2008, Mitchell collected $106,767 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Illinois Education Association||$13,350|
|Lee County Republican Central Committee||$6,375|
|Illinois State Medical Society||$3,000|
|Illinois Chamber of Commerce||$3,000|
|John Deere & Co.||$2,500|
Illinois Opportunity Project
The Illinois Opportunity Project, "an independent research and public policy enterprise that promotes legislative solutions in advance of free markets and free minds," annually releases its Legislative Vote Card, grading all members in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly on the basis of their support of "pro-growth economic policies that increase personal freedom and reign in expansive government."
Mitchell received a score of 71.43 out of 100 in 2012 for a grade of C according to the IOP’s grading scale. His score was tied for the 27th highest among all 120 members of the Illinois House of Representatives included in the Vote Card.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Jerry + Mitchell + Illinois + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- House sends pension overhaul to Senate - Journal Gazette and Times-Courier
- The do-nothing caucus - Chicago Tribune
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Illinois General Assembly - Representative Jerry L. Mitchell (R) 90th District
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004, 2002, 2000, 1998, 1996
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Mitchell
- ↑ The State Journal Register, "State legislature headed for unusual turnover," November 20, 2011
- ↑ Illinois Official 2010 General Election Results
- ↑ Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2008
- ↑ Illinois House of Representatives official election results for 2006
- ↑ Follow the money - Illinois House 2010 donors
- ↑ Mitchell Campaign Donors
- ↑ Illinois Opportunity Project, "The Project," accessed February 21, 2013
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Illinois Opportunity Project, Legislative Vote Card home page, accessed February 21, 2013
|Illinois House of Representatives District 90
| Succeeded by|
Tom Demmer (R)
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |
Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts A - L |
Sunshinereview:Illinois school districts M - Z |