For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Kansas House of Representatives District 28|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 8, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
Lunn's professional experience includes founding Brush Creek Partners, a consulting firm focusing on community and economic development.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Lunn served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Education, Vice Chair|
|• Administrative Rules and Regulations|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Lunn served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2013|
Jobs & The Economy
- Excerpt: "Lower taxes encourages economic growth. Our tax and regulatory burden has put us at a competitive disadvantage in the region resulting in 10 years of net job losses in Kansas. By reducing these burdens our small businesses will have more capital for expansion and job creation."
- Excerpt: "Over the last decade politicians went on a spending binge, inflating the state budget to $14 billion and piling up more than $4 billion in debt. We must spend within our means, eliminate waste, determine necessary services and deliver them more efficiently."
- Excerpt: "Reform the state funding formula to keep more of our tax dollars in the Blue Valley School District. Currently, 70 cents of every Johnson County tax dollar dollar is exported to Topeka… our tax dollars should stay in our classrooms to benefit our kids! Attract, retain and reward teacher excellence and outcomes. Invest in early childhood development."
Elections for the office of Kansas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was June 2, 2014. Incumbent Jerry Lunn was unopposed in the Republican primary and was unopposed in the general election.
Lunn won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 28. He defeated James Azeltine and Mark Hagen in the August 7 Republican primary and defeated Kelly Jackson (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 28, General Election, 2012|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 28 Republican Primary, 2012|
Comprehensive donor information for Lunn is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Lunn raised a total of $29,419 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 12, 2013.
|Jerry Lunn's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 28||$29,419|
|Grand Total Raised||$29,419|
2012Lunn won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Lunn raised a total of $29,419.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jerry Lunn's campaign in 2012|
|Kansas Chamber of Commerce & Industry||$1,000|
|Kwik Auto Finance||$500|
|Kansas Medical Society||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$29,419|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
Jerry Lunn received a score of 64.0% in the 2013 index.
Lunn and his wife, Tracy, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Jerry + Lunn + Kansas + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Kansas state legislative districts
- Kansas State Legislature
- Kansas Legislature - Representative Jerry Lunn
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Jerry Lunn on Facebook
- Jerry Lunn on Twitter
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- Jerry Lunn for Kansas, "About Jerry," accessed April 1, 2014
- Jerry Lunn for Kansas, "Jobs & The Economy," accessed April 1, 2014
- Jerry Lunn for Kansas, "Spending Reform," accessed April 1, 2014
- Jerry Lunn for Kansas, "Education," accessed April 1, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2014 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2014 General (unofficial)," accessed September 15, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "2012 General Election - Official Vote Totals," accessed March 31, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Lunn, Jerry," accessed June 12, 2013
- Kansas Policy Institute, "Freedom Index," accessed March 31, 2014
- 2013 Kansas Policy Index
Pat Colloton (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 28
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |