For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Minnesota State Senate District 14|
McCarter's website highlights the following campaign themes:
Invest in Children
- Excerpt:"Investing in educating our community’s children is more than a moral obligation, it’s an economic obligation. The dollars we spend now will yield significant dividends later."
Jobs & Economic Development
- Excerpt:"He is committed to helping develop strategies that promote workforce development today and into the future. Partnerships between the state, business, labor, and educational institutions will be critical to developing products and job opportunities for the 21st century."
- Excerpt:"The legislature needs to address the long-term structural deficit with a sustainable long-term solution. The health and vitality of our state depend on it."
Fair & Equitable Taxation
- Excerpt:"The entire tax code needs to be restructured to make it fairer and more equitable. Low-income and middle-class taxpayers should not pay a higher percentage of their incomes in state and local taxes than those with higher incomes."
Build Mutual Trust
- Excerpt:"Building trust is essential to achieving results in the legislature. Jerry has a track record of bringing people together and helping to solve challenging problems."
- See also: Minnesota State Senate elections, 2012
McCarter ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota State Senate District 14. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on August 14 and was defeated by incumbent John Pederson (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Minnesota State Senate, District 14, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||John Pederson Incumbent||52.6%||19,351|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jerry + McCarter + Minnesota + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.