|U.S. House, California, District 49|
|Bachelor's||Ohio State University|
|Master's||University for Humanistic Studies, 1982|
|| The information about this individual is current as of when his or her last campaign ended. See anything that needs updating? Send a correction to our editors
Jerry Tetalman was a 2012 Democratic candidate who sought election to the U.S. House to represent the 49th Congressional District of California. He lost in the general election.
Tetalman's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "Help create jobs and sustainable economic growth by creating a favorable business environment through sound fiscal policy. The deficit must be reduced while at the same time the economy must be energized."
- World Peace and International Relations
- Excerpt: "America shall strive to be a beacon of freedom, human rights and democracy. Our foreign policy shall reflect these ideals. We will develop and support the United Nations and NATO as institutions of global governance."
- Excerpt: "Shall be viewed as a criminal act. The people responsible shall be brought to justice and individuals held responsible. America shall remain vigilant in stopping and deterring acts of terror."
- Excerpt: "America is vulnerable to a disruption in imported oil. We need to begin a program of electrification of our transportation system. Electric vehicles will also improve air and water quality. We need to develop alternative fuels such as hydrogen and build more mass transit including high-speed rail."
- Social Security and Medicare
- Excerpt: "America needs to maintain and protect a system that has supported seniors and the disabled. We need to keep the system solvent for future generations and provide a safety net for our most vulnerable members of society."
- See also: California's 49th Congressional District elections, 2012
Tetalman ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 49th District. He and incumbent Darrell Issa (R) advanced past the blanket primary on June 5, 2012, defeating Dick Eiden (Ind) and Albin Novinec (Ind). They faced off in the November 6, 2012, general election and Issa won.
|U.S. House, California District 49 Open Primary, 2012
Darrell Issa (R) Incumbent
|Jerry Tetalman (D)
| Dick Eiden (NPP)
| Albin Novinec (NPP)
Breakdown of the source of Tetalman's campaign funds before the 2012 election.
Tetalman did not win election to the U.S. House in 2012. During that election cycle, Tetalman's campaign committee raised a total of $131,168 and spent $127,720.
|U.S. House, California District 49, 2012 - Jerry Tetalman Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by Election Winner
|Total Spent by Election Winner
|Top contributors to Jerry Tetalman's campaign committee|
|John McQuire, Trial Lawyer||$2,000
|Carol Wilxon, CPA||$1,500|
|North County Democratic Unity||$1,500|
|Sea Coast Exclusive Properties||$1,200
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 CNN, "California Districts Race - 2012 Election Center," accessed December 1, 2012
- ↑ Campaign website, Issues
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- ↑ California Secretary of State, "Unofficial election results," November 6, 2012 (dead link)
- ↑ Open Secrets, "Jerry Tetalman 2012 Election Cycle," accessed March 19, 2013