Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, California, District 26|
Herrera's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "This is one of the most important issues of our time. As long as we do not resolve the immigration question, it will continue to divide us."
- Health Care
- Excerpt: "There is no question that health care costs are out of control. The average American family cannot continue to pay increasing health costs. Still, having the Federal Government's offer of a vague and costly plan is not a solution."
- Excerpt: "There is no greater goal in our time than improving educational outcomes in our nation's schools. The dropout rate is still at epidemic levels as high as 50% among students of color (Latinos and Blacks)."
- National Defense and Foreign Policy
- Excerpt: "America must continue to lead the world in a quest for freedom for all. That means we must support other nations as they travel the path to democracy. However, we must be careful not to attempt to determine how a nation does so."
- Excerpt: "Americans want a fair tax system. They want one that ensures an equitable distribution of the responsibility for generating our nation's revenue. Our tax code is too complicated and has too many loopholes and exceptions that favor some and penalizes others."