|Georgia State Senate District 23|
|January 11, 2011 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Mayor of Waynesboro|
|Master's||University of Georgia|
|J.D.||University of Georgia School of Law|
|Place of birth||Augusta, Georgia|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Stone served on the following committees:
|Georgia Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Judiciary Non-Civil, Chair|
|• Banking and Financial Institutions, Vice Chair|
|• Education and Youth|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Stone served on the following committees:
|Georgia Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Banking and Financial Institutions|
|• Education and Youth|
|• Higher Education|
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2012
Stone ran in the 2012 election for Georgia State Senate District 23. Stone ran unopposed in the Republican primary on July 31, 2012, and defeatedRobert Ingham in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Georgia State Senate, District 23, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Jesse Stone Incumbent||59.5%||39,516|
- See also: Georgia State Senate elections, 2010
Stone was unopposed in the July 20 primary.
|Georgia State Senate, District 23 - Republican Primary (2010)|
Stone defeated Diane Evans (Write-in) in November 2 general election.
| Georgia State Senate, District 23 |
2010 General election results
|Jesse Stone (R)||24,965||93.5%|
|Diane Evans (Write-in)||1,732||6.5%|
On his campaign website, Stone lists seven issues he is concerned about. They are:
- Creating Jobs
- Excerpt: "The number one issue facing voters today is the economy. When business prospers, our economy grows. Lower taxes are the first step to creating economic opportunity."
- Lowering Taxes
- Excerpt: "Jesse believes that you know how to spend your money better than the government. If families, farmers, and small businesses keep more of their hard-earned money, they will invest in their businesses and in the local economy. This means more jobs."
- Protecting Our Borders
- Excerpt: "Jesse Stone will support benefits for our citizens – not illegal aliens. Our Medicaid, Social Security, and other government programs are for legal citizens of our country."
- Excerpt: "It is imperative that we empower parents and maximize the value taxpayers receive from money invested in our educational system. Our schools should train youth and adults for the jobs of the future and prepare them to make our work force stronger."
- Sharing Our Values
- Excerpt: "Jesse is pro-life, supports our constitutional right to keep and bear arms, and will defend the traditional definition of marriage."
- Excerpt: "This isn’t the time for “on the job training.” We need a proven leader we can trust to provide innovative solutions to get our economy moving again and put our neighbors back to work."
- Reducing Government
- Excerpt: "One issue that gets talked about but sometimes fails to see any action is smaller government. I’m not running to talk about it; I will work to see the size of our government shrink."
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
In 2010, Stone received $44,864 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Georgia State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Jesse Stone's campaign in 2010|
|Friends Of Tommie Williams||$3,000|
|Georgia Trial Lawyers Association||$2,400|
|Friends For Chip Rogers||$2,000|
|Cowsert For Senate||$2,000|
|Levis, Jon A||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$44,864|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Jesse + Stone + Georgia + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Stone is an exemplary lawyer and legislator - The Augusta Chronicle
- State legislators to speak at CSRA Republican Women's Club meeting - The Augusta Chronicle
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Georgia State Senate - Jesse Stone
- Jesse Stone campaign website
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile of Jesse Stone
- Jesse Stone on Facebook
- ↑ Georgia Secretary of State Elections Division "Candidate List" Accessed May 29, 2012
- ↑ Georgia Secretary of State, Official 2012 Primary Results
- ↑ Georgia Elections Division "2012 Election Results" Accessed November 16, 2012
- ↑ Georgia Secretary of State, "Official Results of the Tuesday, July 20, 2010 General Primary Election"
- ↑ Georgia Secretary of State - 2010 Election results
- ↑ Jesse Stone campaign website, "Issues"
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 Contributions
|Georgia Senate District 23
| Succeeded by|