Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|New York State Assembly, District 39|
Gonzalez was removed from the ballot before the primary.
Gonzalez's campaign site detailed his priorities and policy goals:
- "Successful schools and jobs for youth"
- "Safe and affordable housing"
- "Justice and fair wages for all workers"
- "Transparent and accountable government"
- Special Election, Redistricting, and Campaign Finance Reform
- See also: New York State Assembly elections, 2014
Elections for the office of New York State Assembly took place in 2014. A primary election took place on September 9, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was July 10, 2014. Incumbent Francisco Moya was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Jesus Gonzalez was removed from the ballot before the Republican primary. Moya also ran on the Working Families Party ticket. Moya was unchallenged in the general election.
Gonzalez was defeated by Rafael Espinal (D) in the September 13, 2011, special election. Deidra Towns (Community First) also ran.The special election was called to fill the vacancy created when Darryl Towns (D) resigned from the Assembly to become the New York State HCR Commissioner.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jesus + Gonzalez + New + York + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New York State Assembly
- New York State Assembly District 39
- New York State Assembly elections, 2014
- New York State Legislature
- New York State Assembly
- Bushwick BK, "Q&A With Assembly Candidate Jesus Gonzalez," June 29, 2011
- Gotham Gazette, "Three Candidates Vie in a Special Special Election," August 24, 2011
- New York Board of Elections, "Candidate list," accessed August 12, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Certification for the September 9, 2014, State Primary Election," accessed December 17, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "Primary results for September 9, 2014," accessed October 1, 2014
- New York Board of Elections, "NYS Board of Elections Assembly Election Returns November 4, 2014," accessed December 17, 2014
- Times Newsweekly.com, Assemblywoman Pheffer's New Gig, accessed June 2, 2011
- Wall Street Journal, "6 of 6 Dems capture NY Assembly special elections," September 13, 2011
State of New York
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Comptroller | Commissioner of Education | Superintendent of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Environmental Conservation | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
New York Supreme Court | Trial Court | Supreme Court, Appellate Division | Civil Courts | County Courts | Surrogate Courts | Family Courts | Civil Courts | Court of Statewide Claims | Town Courts | Village Courts | City Civil Court | City Criminal Court | District Court Nassau & Suffolk | City Courts (Outside New York City) | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |