|Michigan State Senate District 27|
|May 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Per diem||$10,800 yearly expense allowance|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||May 7, 2013|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Term limits||2 terms|
|Bachelor's||Michigan State University|
|Place of birth||Flint, MI|
Ananich is a former teacher, and has served for four years on the Flint City Council, including one year as its president.
Ananich graduated from Michigan State University.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Ananich served on the following committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Health Policy|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Ananich served on these committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2011|
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Ananich served on these committees:
|Michigan Committee Assignments, 2009|
Ananich won election in a special election for Michigan State Senate District 27. The seat was vacant following John Gleason's (D) election as Genesee County Clerk on November 6, 2012. A special election to fill the vacancy took place on May 7. Ananich defeated Chris Del Morone, Ted Henry, Woodrow Stanley, and Lawrence Woods in the Democratic primary on March 12 and defeated Robert Daunt (R) and Bobby Jones (G) in the general election which took place on May 7.
Ananich won re-election in the 2012 election for Michigan House of Representatives District 49. He ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary and defeated Robert Daunt (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 49, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Jim Ananich Incumbent||74.5%||28,275|
Ananich won election to the District 49 Seat in 2010. He defeated Kyle Cawood, Larry Huchinson, Jr. and Jerry Runyon in the August 3 Democratic primary. He defeated Allen Pool (R) in the general election on November 2, 2010.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 49 General election (2010)|
|Jim Ananich (D)||16,798|
|Allen Pool (R)||7,886|
More voting record details
- List of all of Jim Ananich’s roll call votes, bills introduced, and floor amendments from MichiganVotes.org (use site’s “advanced search” to narrow by date range, issue category and/or keyword).
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year. Contributions Report from Michigan Secretary of State
In 2010, Ananich raised $94,828 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Friends Of Jim Ananich||$10,312|
|Michigan Auto Workers||$5,000|
|Michigan Education Association||$2,000|
|International Brotherhood Of Electrical Workers||$2,000|
Tea Party Scorecard
The Independent Tea Party Patriots, a Michigan Tea Party group, grades the votes of this and every other Michigan legislator on “core tea party issues” in a regularly-updated scorecard. 100% is considered an ideal rating.
January 2011 - March 2012
Jim Ananich received a 10% rating on the January 2011 - March 2012 Tea Party Scorecard.
Ananich has a wife, Andrea.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Jim + Ananich + Michigan + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Flint emergency manager wants to hike city income taxes - The Flint Journal - MLive.com
- Rep. Jim Ananich, D-Flint, sworn in to Senate - Detroit Free Press
- State Rep. Jim Ananich declares victory in 27th District Senate race - The Flint Journal - MLive.com
- Snyder calls special election for state House seat - Detroit Free Press
- Genesee County special election dates set for 49th District House seat for ... - The Flint Journal - MLive.com
- Legislation for women's healthcare introduced - Burtonview
- Local legislators hold town hall meeting in Flint to discuss the health of the ... - The Flint Journal - MLive.com
- Michigan House: Jase Bolger, Tim Greimel say they are putting committee ... - MLive.com
- Legislative town hall meeting set for May 13 - East Village Magazine
- Gay marriage will come to Michigan some day, says Rep. Pam Faris, D-Clio - Mlive- flint
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official campaign website
- House website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Jim Ananich on Facebook
- Jim Ananich on Twitter
- ↑ San Francisco Chronicle, "Special election needed to fill state senate seat," November 9, 2012
- ↑ WKZO, "Special Michigan Senate election scheduled," January 10, 2013
- ↑ MLive, "Seven candidates run for Flint-area state Senate seat vacated by John Gleason," January 18, 2013
- ↑ mlive.com, "State Rep. Jim Ananich's 27th District Senate win means two more special elections for Genesee County," May 7, 2013
- ↑ Michigan Department of State "2012 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," Accessed June 5, 2012
- ↑ 2010 contributions
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Michigan Votes, "Tea Party Scorecard Jan 2011-Mar 2012," accessed June 22, 2012
John Gleason (D)
|Michigan State Senate District 27
May 2013 - Present
| Succeeded by|
Lee Gonzales (D)
|Michigan House of Representatives District 49
2011 – May 2013
| Succeeded by|