|Nevada Director of Agriculture|
|June 8, 2011 - Present|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Gov. Brian Sandoval (R)|
|High school||Douglas High School|
|Master's||Cal Poly SLO|
Barbee is a former Secondary Agriculture Educator with a certificate as a Certified Public Manager (CPM). He has worked on policy issues with the Nevada State Board of Education and the Nevada Legislature. Barbee served on the National Future Farmers of American Board of Directors and on the Future Farmers of America Foundation Board of Trustees.
- Master's of Agriculture Science, Agriculture Education from Cal Poly SLO
- Bachelor's of Science in Animal Science from CSU Chico
- Douglas High School, Minden Nevada
Director of Agriculture (2011-Present)
Barbee received his appointment as the Director of the Department of Agriculture on June 8, 2011.
Sandoval stated, “From his experience with Future Farmers of America to developing the State Agriculture Education data collection system, I believe Mr. Barbee is well suited to lead the Department of Agriculture. Jim’s understanding of agriculture from a basic level will be an asset to the department, and he also has ideas about how the agriculture sector will play a role in economic development and job creation.”
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jim + Barbee + Nevada + Agriculture"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Nevada Department of Agriculture, "Director Jim Barbee," accessed July 5, 2012
- National Association of State Departments of Agriculture, "Jim Barbee" accessed November 1, 2012
- Nevada Department of Agriculture, "Executive Staff" accessed November 1, 2012
- This is Reno, "Sandoval names Jim Barbee acting director of agriculture," January 27, 2011
|Nevada Director of Agriculture
| Succeeded by|