Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 86|
|Place of birth||Erwin, NC|
Cates ran in the 2012 election for North Carolina House of Representatives District 86. He defeated J. Pascal and Dan DeHart in the Democratic primary on May 8, 2012. Cates was defeated by incumbent Hugh Blackwell in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 86, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Hugh Blackwell Incumbent||60.8%||19,537|
|North Carolina House of Representatives District 86 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Cates and his wife, Georgia, have two children, Bryan and Christopher.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jim + Cates + North Carolina + House"
- Real estate transactions for Charleston, Berkeley and Dorchester counties - Charleston Post Courier
- Jimmy Hastings Glass - Henry Herald
- Barbara Woods Denton - Oak Ridger
- Lamar Clifton - The Albany Herald
- Debate, Protests Mark Legalization of Same-Sex 'Marriage' in France - National Catholic Register
- Vandalia Christian recognized by Rep. Coble for three state titles - Greensboro News & Record
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |
Public Records Law | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | Transparency blogs | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |