was a 2012 Independent
candidate for District 40
of the Washington State Senate
Cozad's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- "Election/campaign finance reform"
- "Local control of our schools and communities"
- "Better pathways to prosperity for all"
- "Criminal justice vs. restorative justice"
- "Living wage jobs"
- "Affordable housing"
- "Affordable education"
- "Local sustainable economic vitality efforts"
- Excerpt: "It’s no longer business as usual. We must think outside the box! These will be just a few topics that will be discussed by our campaign. Going into the fifth year of a great economic depression, it has become evident that our systems and structures (political, economic, criminal justice, social systems, education, etc.) are in chaos. If we keep doing the same thing over and over again, we’ll get the same results. Not good enough, we must have better results as we move all of our neighbors towards a better hopeful future."
- See also: Washington State Senate elections, 2012
Cozad ran in the 2012 election for Washington State Senate, District 40. Cozad was defeated by incumbent Kevin Ranker and John Swapp in the August 7 blanket primary election. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Washington State Senate, District 40 Blanket Primary, 2012
Kevin Ranker Incumbent
|| Jim Cozad
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Jim + Cozad + Washington + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Jim Cozad News Feed