|Utah State Senate, District 2|
|December 2012 - present|
|January 1, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$96/day (lodging) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dabakis served on the following committees:
|Utah Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Natural Resources, Agriculture, and Environment|
|• Revenue and Taxation|
|• Administrative Rules Review|
- See also: Utah State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Utah State Senate will consist of a primary election on June 24, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. Incumbent Jim Dabakis is unopposed in the Democratic convention. Jacquie Nielson will face George Chapman and Dwight Barrett in the Republican convention.
The Libertas Institute Index
The Libertas Institute is a libertarian-leaning think tank located in Utah. Each year the organization releases a Legislative Index for Utah State Representatives and Senators.
Jim Dabakis received an index rating of 19%.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Jim + Dabakis + Utah + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Deseret News, "Jim Dabakis elected to McAdams' Utah Senate seat," December 1, 2012. Retrieved January 5, 2013
- The Salt Lake Tribune, "Jim Dabakis, citing health issues, resigns as Utah's top Dem," March 25, 2014
- Utah Lieutenant Governor, "2014 Candidate Filings," accessed March 21, 2014
- Libertas Institute: "Legislator Indexes," accessed January 21, 2014