|Arkansas House of Representatives District 93|
|January 14, 2013-Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Account Executive, Cox Business|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Dotson served on the following committees:
|Arkansas Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Advanced Communications and Information Technology|
|• Joint Advanced Communications and Information Technology|
|• Public Transportation|
|• State Agencies and Governmental Affairs|
Dotson's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Excerpt: "I am Pro-Family. My wife and I have two children and one on the way."
- Excerpt: "I am Pro-Life. I will proactively champion legislation that protects the life of the unborn."
- Excerpt: "I am Pro-Marriage. I believe in traditional marriage that is between one man and one woman."
- Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt: "I am Pro-Business. We must enact legislation that lowers the regulatory burdens on businesses, especially small businesses in Arkansas. "
- Excerpt: "I am opposed to the federal takeover of healthcare and will fight against the implementation of ‘Obamacare’ in Arkansas."
- Excerpt: "Just like every other area of government, decisions need to be made locally by people who are affected by those decisions. That is why we need to return decisions on education to the local level and give parents the choice on how to best direct their children’s education."
- Excerpt: "I will fight to make sure taxes are as low as possible on everyone."
- Balanced Budget
- Excerpt: "I strongly support the fiscal discipline that goes into making a balanced budget."
- Second Amendment
- Excerpt: "As a member of the National Rifle Association I will strongly defend your right to keep and bare arms and will fight against any effort to infringe upon that right."
- Excerpt: "Our national heritage is rich as the melting pot of immigrants from all over the world. I welcome legal immigrants who come to America in search of a better life."
Dotson ran in the 2012 election for Arkansas House of Representatives, District 93. Dotson defeated Duane Neal in the May 22 Republican primary and ran unopposed in the November 6, 2012, general election.
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 93 Republican Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Dotson and his wife, Jennifer, have two children.
Jon Woods (R)
|Arkansas House of Representatives District 93
| Succeeded by|
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|
Arkansas Freedom of Information Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | FOIA procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |
List of counties |
List of Cities |
List of School Board Districts |